Pole Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wyatt1225

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey!

Just got the Hero6, my first gopro. Looking to dive with a pole before I get a tray. Any recommendations?

Get a tray. The days when you had to spend over $100 to get a tray are over. You can get one now for $35.

If you must, be sure it is aluminum or plastic or it'll rust fast. With a pole, it's more stable to hang the camera below and invert the screen.

yeah,go with a tray. Aliexpress has nice aluminium ones for dirt cheap that are very compact and work well!
skip the pole

I am in market for tray too..... I have a pole and see why tray is needed for stability of videos. The video is simply too jerky. I need to understand first all the different ways to connect different lights to it and how to attach go pro to tray as well. I was looking at beneath the surface dive tray. If someone has any experience please let me know.

I am in market for tray too..... I have a pole and see why tray is needed for stability of videos. The video is simply too jerky. I need to understand first all the different ways to connect different lights to it and how to attach go pro to tray as well. I was looking at beneath the surface dive tray. If someone has any experience please let me know.
This is the one I got, was on special half price.. Great tray, added some arms and two video lights. Works great.
F18282 Dual Handheld Selfie Monopod Diving Underwater Light Arm Aluminum Mount for GoPro HERO 3/3 /4 5 Xiaomi yi Camera
http://s.aliexpress.com/AfqyeY3m

While I think that a tray is a much better option than a pole as far as getting a stable image that won't make your viewers seasick, I have to ask, is there a reason why you want a pole rather than a tray?

If we have an insight into your goals, then we will be able to help guide you better.

Get UK Pro pole. I have the aluminum but now they make a carbon fiber one which should be better. I have a tray too but prefer a pole and use it with the ZGear light mount
Home
You hold the mount with one hand and the pole with the other or in the axila. With the double hold the videos are quite stable.
The advantages of the pole is that you can get closer to wildlife without spooking them and you can record yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom