Poll: 2023 Cost of hydro in USA?

What does USA hydro test cost you every five years (fees actually charged-rounded)

• Up to $29

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • $30-44

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • $45-59

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • $60-74

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • $75-89

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • $90-104

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $105-119

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $120-134

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $135-150

• $350

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$50 in Monterey, on site, when you consider the fill and the viz is part of it, not to bad.
It’s the same in Santa Rosa, but you’d have to piece it together yourself. You take it to hydro (35) then take it to them for vis and fill (15).
Unless you’re me and give your LDS a free set of tank cleaning tools, then you get free lifetime vis stickers (I do my own vis’s) and a discount on fills (I do a lot of stuff for them).

$30 unless I bring 10 tanks. Then $25.

The shop I use charges two rates base on air or Nitrox.

Air is $57.95, Nitrox is $61.95. However this is total price. The actual cost of the hydro is quite a bit less.

Both prices includes VIP and Fill. Nitrox price also includes O2 cleaning. So, the actual cost of the hydro is probably half that.

The shop I use charges two rates base on air or Nitrox.

Air is $57.95, Nitrox is $61.95. However this is total price. The actual cost of the hydro is quite a bit less.

Both prices includes VIP and Fill. Nitrox price also includes O2 cleaning. So, the actual cost of the hydro is probably half that.
Seems the cost of their O2 cleaning is $4.00. Which is a screaming deal given what a PITA O2 cleaning can be.

So the cost of the hydro is really roughly $58. That's the bundled cost of hydro, VIP and air (really all are required at (and thus part of) the hydro.) New neck o-ring too. Unless they break them out separately.

can you get + stamps on "modern" LP tanks (ones with the RIN number stamped on them)?

I'll make the trip with my tanks....
I dont know what you mean by modern, but my oms 98’s got a plus stamp in 2020. Their first hydro was in 2000 i think. They are OMS branded fabers

And why do you think I just asked him?

I've lost one tank at the first hydro due to incompetence, and have no "+" stamps on modern LP tanks that have been requalified. The hydro facilities here are abysmal....
Ask them to show you where the DOT says they can’t requalify with a + stamp.

I dont know what you mean by modern, but my oms 98’s got a plus stamp in 2020. Their first hydro was in 2000 i think. They are OMS branded fabers
Born on date of 2000? LOL, you certainly don't - those are babies, and "modern"....

I have a number of vintage steel 72 cu-ft tanks from the days of double hose diving....

I wouldn't expect to be getting "+" ratings on them as it it cumbersome to retrieve the data (some have, but I don't need it for them)....

Ask them to show you where the DOT says they can’t requalify with a + stamp.
That isn't what they have said. They have said, "We don't do + stamps, it is too much work for us".

As I said, they are incompetent... and the only game in town... Why I was asking because I just might pack my tanks over to where he is to get them done...

Born on date of 2000? LOL, you certainly don't - those are babies, and "modern"....

I have a number of vintage steel 72 cu-ft tanks from the days of double hose diving....

I wouldn't expect to be getting "+" ratings on them as it it cumbersome to retrieve the data (some have, but I don't need it for them)....
Fair enough, they have had shops that were too lazy to plus stamp them in the past, but my last hydro got them back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom