Poll about how you would choose to receive manuals for training

Would you buy and read the books ahead of time, or get them at your destination?

• buy from my local store and read ahead of time

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • get them from the shop at my destination and read them on my holiday

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • get online access to the books ahead of time and read them before my trip

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjatkins

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If you were going on a scuba trip and planned to do some training while you're there, would you rather go to your local shop and buy (and read) the book ahead of time, or wait and receive (and read) it at the shop where you are doing the training?

Thanks for your input.

In advance. Months if possible.

I have gotten all my books in advance, at my local shop, and read them. Reason being I want to know the questions and get the answers before the class.

I have gotten all my books in advance, at my local shop, and read them. Reason being I want to know the questions and get the answers before the class.

That's the only way to do it. Wish everyone would--I mean the part about being prepared for class.

4.) Buy Kindle versions and read them when and where I want to. Books are pretty heavy when you're bringing dive gear and constrained by baggage limits. I selected #3 in the poll, which is close enough, but I often have other reading priorities pre-vacation, and might only get to do my leisure reading when I board the flight.

In advance and an electronic copy. I love ebooks, ease of transportation :)

I voted to buy from my local shop but my wife and I did a cavern class a couple of years ago and actually had the shop in Florida ship them to us in California.

Definitely read study before the trip.

Mike

PDF download X number of weeks before the course and with access to my instructor ahead of time for questions. I would like to arrive at my destination with all of the theory already completed so we can get on with the diving!

R..

I have to agree with the e-book readers. It's a great format. I couldn't find any diving textbooks on Kindle for any of the organizations though. I'd think they'd jump on it just to keep people from sharing old texts and make more sales.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom