Poll: Favorite diving style in Izu

What is your favorite diving style in Izu?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mar Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Your favorite diving style in Izu is:

Why just Izu? I have never dived there so I wouldn't have a clue!!

'Cause it's my poll. :wink:

Reason is that I figure if it were for all of Japan, then the Okinawa figures would skew the results. For example, in Iriomote, there is no beach diving to speak of. Same for Ishigaki, unless you're doing a course.

Izu has so many sites that it's a toss up between beach and boat which makes the poll interesting.

For example, there are some great beach dive sites like Osezaki, Futo, Yawatano, and of course IOP.

On the other hand, great boat dive sites like Iwa, Atami, Kumomi, Futo, and of course Mikomoto.

Mar Scuba:
Your favorite diving style in Izu is:

Are we talking about a Hayama-style shore entry, or a reasonable one... :D

(Just joking, Steve...)

How far of a walk, what kind of facilities, how much does the entry/exit vary with tide and conditions.

I generally prefer boat diving on a nice boat with a reasonable trip (1 hour or less), but have become used to shore dives since virtually all the sites I go to are this style.

My favorite is Hayama style it is good training, FREE and a good work out. The only bad thing is no depth. But for Izu it was ITA shore diving for FREE, a lot of soft coral and depth you can get to 55M real quick and it keeps going. Now thanks to Thomas I think my favorite would have to be boat diving in Atami.

I usually like beach diving as I tend to spend a long time in the water, once navagated to the Boat site in Yawatano from the beach. Got a lecture from the Yawatano owner for that one! Osezaki on the outside is by far my favorite!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom