poll -how many divers collect game ?

Do you collect game?

• Never-I'm happy interacting with the fish!

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Sometimes-but only what I can eat

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • As much as possible

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I enjoy killing marine life

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This HAS to be the funniest thread I have ever read!

Cali bug cookin'

De tail
Clean anus with antennea
Split tail in half
Coat meat with copious amounts of garlic and butter
Throw on the barbie shell side down
Turn to meat side after meat begins to come away from the shell
Flip and brown meat side
Flip again and leave for 2 min. shell side
Remove from barbie and enjoy!

Can you think of any other issue in the field of diving that you might find even remotely interesting to discuss?
What cooking method is more DIR, boiling or steaming ???
:tease:

Boil or steam a langosta. Only the New England variety can taste good with either but steaming with seaweed is the best. Otherwise barbeque the clawless.

Doc Intrepid once bubbled...
never thought about barbequing lobster.

I'm assuming you're talking about grilling, and not actually barbeque. But whatever.

grilled lobster is wonderful... the favor is much more pronounced as there isn't fresh water [or water vapor] working it's way through.

I tend to heat up that grill nice and hot, then stick 'em on the top shelf with his tail splayed out. Close the lid and let it sit for 10 minutes.

The only downside is that some meat will end up stuck on the inside of the shell.

Spectre once bubbled... I'm assuming you're talking about grilling... SNIP... The only downside is that some meat will end up stuck on the inside of the shell.
We have a bit of an argument in our family... does freezing degrade the flavor? I say yes, what do you say?

Also, FWIW, I don't find frozen lobster sticking to the shell.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
We have a bit of an argument in our family... does freezing degrade the flavor? I say yes, what do you say?

Also, FWIW, I don't find frozen lobster sticking to the shell.

I've never actually tried freezing a lobster prior to cooking... I don't think I'd know how to cook it to make sure it melts and cooks, but doesn't overcook [the big problem with cooking large lobsters is because everyone tends to over cook them by accident].

After cooking I've done, and it's _never_ thawed to anything I'd fathom to eat. The last time I got some frozen bug from a buddy, I thawed it out, took one wiff, took one nibble, and threw it away.

I do know that a lobster'll stay alive in a fridge for more than a couple days, and interestingly enough, you don't have to de-vein the tail, as it will have taken care of cleaning the intestine out itself!

Back
Top Bottom