Poll:Krabi vs Samui diving and side attractions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys:
[
Actually the main reason i choosed Krabi over samui, i thought i get chance to see better dive sites, in that case why shouldn't i go to samui for a 7 day (open water)
and 7 days kou Tao (AOW) then head to kou phangan for few days also, can anyone give a plan what the best route to visit these three island

It's seems to me that Krapi is much less developed than samui (virtualtoursit.com) in
term of shopping, coffee shops, food chains,...Some times i miss city life too :D

Btw bowmouth, i appreciate your detailed reply, further comments please...

If your main goal for visiting Krabi is to be able to see the better sites like Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Ko Ha you should visit Krabi between October and May when seas are calm. There may still be dive shops on Ko Lanta go to the above mentioned sites inbetween May and October because from Ko Lanta it's a relatively short boat ride to get there (compared to Ao Nang and raillay Beach).
Ko Lanta is VERY nice and a great place to dive, hang out and relax. There isn't all that much of night entertainment though....

Ao Nang Beach and Raillay Beach are very well developed and have lots of shops, restaurants, hotels, bars and entertainment. Krabi Town isn't all that intersting I think but has some cheap guesthouses and hotel rooms and some nice scenery along the river side.

You could indeed also now visit Ko Tao, Samui and Phangan (it's the right season there now) and do Krabi and Phuket in one go later on. Another option is Ko Lanta but I'm not sure if their dayboats to Hin Daeng etc. still run regularly this time of year.:D

few questions:
-How much for 30-50 local dive by long boat? anyone do this
-Are there movies, starbuck and cheap internet 30Bhat/hour in krabi? I know samui has it
-what % of krabi thai muslims? Are they involved in tourism sectors
-Is sea food cheaper than phuket or other places, read that main income is from sea food

Hi,

This is my report back on my journey to samui
---------------------------------

I got an earlier flight to samui at Don Muang airport, so decided not to wait for next 5 hours flight to krabi, actualy how i end up going to samui :D

I did my "open water" course (total 4 days) 4 boat dive at sail rock with first day 15-20 meters and second day unfortunatly 10 meters visibility only, it cost me 13,110 Bhat including padi education materials.

I have been to phuket for total 4 months and i can say samui is nicer for me to live.

Plenty of places from 700 Bhat to 500 Bhat a day, with auto motorcycle for 200 bhat
a day down to 125 bhat/monthly, You need one to see this really large island with nearly 400-500k people living there, still can find plenty of quiet places to stay

There are many waterfalls and pointview resturant at 500- 600 meters high to have your breakfast. I'll give Both green mango and reggea pub for their drink price (nam-som and nam-manaoo for 50 Bhat, cheapest in thailand you get), staff friendliness and it's atmosphere a big A++ :sappy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom