Polymorph thermoplastic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_yates

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone tried to use this?

YouTube - Bending Polymorph

basically its a plastic which goes gooey in hot water allowing you to mould it. I intend to make a holder for my focus light to allow me to piggy back it onto my strobe.

So has anyone any tips? if not i'll make it up as i go along and let you know

Matt

PVC pipe becomes pliable in boiling water. I have used that many times to create items. I have not use this type of sheeting or pellets but there is no reason why it will not work.

Matey - the polymorph stuff goes brittle after a while....

i built a focus light mount out of a strip of aluminium that wraps around the light.
the light is secured by cable ties - the other end is bolted on by the strobe mount

i have also done it as per the attached photo - basically cable tie the light to half a pvc pipe,
and then cable tie the pipe to the strobe -

Attachments

• 537468089QgjOwr_fs.jpg
    537468089QgjOwr_fs.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 276
Yep, that's all I use. A small toaster over in the garage can be handy too for larger pieces.

+1 on the polymorph pellets getting brittle after a while. Assuming the sheets and the pellets are the same, then the same fate awaits that.

For the application your looking at, then plain old PVC heated up and reformed is a better option.

Well after spilling hot water every where and making nothing but a mess i have given up and will stick with zip tyes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom