Pompano - Palm Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go from one of several spots between atlantic blvd. pier and commercial blvd. pier all the time, it's excellent beach diving to your own degree of difficulty, lots to see as well. I freedive or scuba from here weekly with a few groups of people....

Just returned from a week of diving in the area. Stayed in Pompano Beach and dove out of Ft. Lauderdale with ProDive International. It was an OUTSTANDING experience! They run a one tank/snorkel trip in the mornings and a two tank trip in the afternoon - usually a wreck, then a reef. Charlie in the shop is a great guy, Wedge and Alex are outstanding on the boat and in the water! I had so much fun that I booked another week for this October when I arrived home at 11:30 last night!

I also went out with ScubaTyme one morning, because ProDive had a charter. Enzo and Bob - who take turns serving as Captain/First Mate/Dive Master were terrific too. They also ran a two tank, wreck then a reef trip.

ProDive has a shop connected to it and a ton of instructors, classes, and a larger boat. ScubaTyme is a two man team, smaller boat, no shop and is right in Pompano Beach, just one block north of the East Atlantic Bridge (814) and one block west of the A1A. Be aware that there will be an eastbound lane closed on the bridge for much of Feb and this will make for snarely traffic.

Either way, you can't go wrong from my point of view!

Also, the lemon sharks are schooling up near Jupiter. FYI.

In between Pompano and Palm Beach there is a new wreck called the
"Miracle of Life" that was scuttled last year sometime. This is in the
Deerfield Beach area. Dixie Divers was involved with the project and runs
trips out there but not as often as I thought they would. This is a deeper
wreck and can have some pretty brisk currents on a bad day. The top of
the wheel house is at 105 ft. or so and the deck at 125-135 ft.
If staying around the wheel house you could probably stay in the 115 ft. range.
I dove it with a 100cf tank last two dives and plan on adding a 13cf pony next
time. It's not super deep but deep enough where proper planning on gas and
possible deco would need to be considered. I made the mistake last time of
kicking toward the stern into a brisk current to ultimately turn back before
reaching the stern. In hindsight exploring the front of the wheel house protected
from the current would have been a better plan.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom