Pompano Thermocline in Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJeffy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading down to Ft.Lauderdale/Pompano area in a few days and plan on doing a few dive charters. Wondering if anyone has any current water temperature information down to a maximum of 120' surface seems to be constantly around 80 but wondering what to expect at depth this time of year

Try to decide what wetsuit I should pack.
Thanks

Made a few dives today just south of Miami on wreck sites between 120 and 140’. Water temperature was a consistent 79 degrees top to bottom. What you wear is really dependent on your own body type/metabolism, idea of comfort, how many dives you plan to make over how many days, and etc.

I wore my usual tropical summer suit, a full 3mm along with a hooded lycra vest. The hood is something I always wear for protection against stings as opposed to thermal requirements. There a lot of moon jellyfish in the local waters now, so even if you frequently wear a shorty, you might consider a full suit. My companions wore a variety of suits and nobody mentioned the word “cold.” If you plan on making multiple dives over successive days, then dress accordingly.

I was diving yesterday in 3mm without a hood for 1.5 hours. Was very warm, though, I am very sensitive to cold, I'd know if it would not be enough. Perhaps I could have gotten away with shorty.

First I wanted to put a light hood but after going in the water to weight myself, I felt perfectly fine, and left the hood out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom