Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZAquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
What would you do?

I was working out at the pool today. The guy sharing my lane had a new snorkel kit. It looked like something you might pick at a discount sporting goods store.

I didn't notice this guy too much until the couple in the next lane asked if I thought he was checking them out... They thought he was acting creepy. They left the pool shortly after and another girl jumped in their lane.

Now my workout was distracted, I was keeping an eye on the guy and he "was" acting really creepy obviously checking out this girl as she swam. Timing his laps so he could shadow her.

I was getting really pissed off about this and wondering what to do about it. I felt like knocking his mask off and introducing him to the bottom of the pool! I stopped him at the end of the pool and had a brief disscusion with him. He denied the whole thing and the conversation got a bit heated. He left the pool shortly after.

My question to all of you is simply: "What would you do"? And to the ladies out there, what would you like someone to do if they noticed a pervert shadowing you durring your pool work out? And finally, has this ever happened to anyone else?

I'm going to try to make a poll here...

Hard to say what I would do.... If the guy was upsetting the girl, I would most likely say something. If I didn't know for sure he was guilty of any wrong doing, I would most likely say nothing.....

It's a tough call to make I guess...

confront him of it and that way make him aware that you have noticed and are watching him, that would be enough (if he is guilty) to make him nervous and leave!!

Well, was she hot?

Really, maybe it was a bit creepy in a way that doesn't come across in your post but guys check out girls. Was he trying to see down their swimsuits or something?

Exactly what was he doing that warrants action?

At my age, I'd be flattered.

Seriously, I'd ignore it if I noticed it. So what?

The guy was staring at her crotch as she did the breast stroke... The girl was cute but this guy was in his mid 40's and she was probably in her teens. He had a very creepy vibe about him. The kind of guy who makes your skin crawl...

The creepy vibe doesn't really translate well in posts and neither does the makes your skin crawl. I'm sure it might be different there in person, but even 40 year olds will check out teens. Based on your last post I would guess she's late teens early 20s, you are not sure which.

Unless he's directly behind the person, could he really see much?

Also, is it remotely possible he was just checking out her swimming form as opposed to something more sinister?

lol. This is a no win situation. The girls can be accused of being over-reacting and the man can be accused of being a pervert. But if you say he was timing his laps, then ya, maybe he was being a little creepy. The best thing is to tell the lifeguard that he's making the other patrons uncomfortable.

I would just concentrate on my swim unless something very unusual was going on. I don't see what the big deal is but then again I wasn't there.

What did you say to this guy? "I have good reason to believe that you are looking at the girl in the next lane. Please stop looking at people."

ZAquaman:
The guy was staring at her crotch as she did the breast stroke... The girl was cute but this guy was in his mid 40's and she was probably in her teens. He had a very creepy vibe about him. The kind of guy who makes your skin crawl...

I think you have to follow your intuition about these things. It's hard to say, sitting behind my keyboard, what I would have done.

I think I might have made the woman in question aware of what he was doing in such a way that the guy knew I was talking about him (point at him while I addressed her or something). The Dutch have a saying, "a person cautioned counts for two". I'd hate to hear that I did nothing and the he stalked her home and raped her or something.

The other obvious alternative is to confront him and tell him if he doesn't stop that you're going to ask the management to remove him. I don't like this option as much because you still haven't warned the person he's focusing on.

Doing nothing isn't an option.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom