Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh com on man, I waznt buggin no body soz give dis dirty old man a brake. Beesides, eye thougt she waz 12.

DOM

When I was a lifeguards I used to check out the ladies at the beach. It might not be a good idea to tell the lifeguard there as he may be doing the same thing. Of course I didn't leer or anything, just appreciated... well, until my Mom came down the hill to the beach and told me the girl I was watching was only 12 (I was 17 or 18). She looked my age to me.

im a very confrontational fellow if the situation arises and these are the kinds of situations that piss me off. imagine if that was your wife/sister/daughter or significant other, would you tolerate that ? i would confront the guy and tel him to take it elswhere if not then i would use them lead weights for something other than weighting.

edited: sorry if the person was just looking nope but if he was doing something rude and unwarranted then thats something else. thats what i meant sorry i wasnt clear

drbill:
When I was a lifeguards I used to check out the ladies at the beach. It might not be a good idea to tell the lifeguard there as he may be doing the same thing. Of course I didn't leer or anything, just appreciated... well, until my Mom came down the hill to the beach and told me the girl I was watching was only 12 (I was 17 or 18). She looked my age to me.
dude if your MOM could see you were looking at a particular girl AND came down the hill to tell you so THEN i don't think you "were just looking" :wink:

wahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jag

short of the guy making very obvious or lewd remarks or actions, it's actually NOYB IMHO... he may just look creepy and the girls were discriminative airheads who didn't want to be in the same pool as an "ugly person" (read: cheerleader movies)

the guy can look like steve buscemi and the girls the contingent from jawbreakers

short of incontrovertible proof it's your word against his...

Jag

PS
funny though how men like being oggled at hehehehehehe

Spoon:
im a very confrontational fellow if the situation arises and these are the kinds of situations that piss me off. imagine if that was your wife/sister/daughter or significant otehr, would you tolerate that ? i would confront the guy and tel him to take it elswhere if not then i would use them lead weights for something other than weighting.

Really? You would get into a fight if a GUY looked at a GIRL? WOW!!!

"uh..but he was in his 40's!"
"Oh, and...he was creapy, yeah thats the ticket...REALLY creapy...Boo!"

If it was that bad, Id tell the chick "Hey, you gotta fan club" and let her do what she wants

Why is a guy a 'pervert' if he looks at the ladies? Now if he was actually bothering someone by forcing his (unwanted) attentions on them I could understand getting involved. Just looking? It seems to me that's how we were made.

You could have told her about her fan club and offered to switch lanes with her. Then if the guy shadowed you, then you could have then felt free to punch his lights out!

Am I the only one who finds this social self policing disturbing ? It leaves the ultimate decision up to an individual over whether someone was or wasn't doing something they shouldn't be, I can't suggest what is right or what is wrong, but I can't help but feel uncomfortable about doing or being anywhere that my actions could be misinterpretted. Perhaps the guy in the pool was up to no good, but if he wasn't I can't imagine he'd ever want to step foot in a pool again, if he was, he'll probably just go elsewhere to do the same thing. Remember, if you are looking for something, you will convince yourself and you will see it whether it is there or not. Almost everything can be envisioned as being with ulterior motive these days because of the kind of world we live in.
For the record, I once worked in a security job, I heard a woman scream, and promptly grabbed a guy who was running away from the scene suspecting him of wrongdoing, while he and I were on the floor, the woman who had screamed appeared and started laying into both of us. It later transpired that she was mentally unhinged, and had been hearing voices, the guy was actually trying to get away from her. So don't be too quick to jump to assumptions things may not be as they seem, and the damage that can be done by wrongful accusation can have a lasting affect. Imagine a situation where you are going about your business and suddenly become the victim of someone's accusations.
Thank goodness for Scuba, at least to some degree theres somewhere left to go and be alone in your thoughts and away from the crowd.

WaterDawg:
Really? You would get into a fight if a GUY looked at a GIRL? WOW!!!

actually there is a difference if a guy looked at a girl and stopped once he was noticed. thats actually a compliment for the lady. but if he looks repeteadly and actually begins to stare it is plain rude and uncomfortable for the lady. at this point i would politely ask the guy if he needed anything.

Back
Top Bottom