Poor Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The latest satellite image with skies clear enough to show the coast was last Friday, and it shows one reason why the dive conditions are still pretty poor in most places. Looks like the flood control channels are STILL pumping out that nasty brown water, and it's hanging off the coast all the way from San Diego to Malibu. I noticed the San Gabriel is still flowing this morning. I guess the prevailing currents are north to south along the coast, so I'm guessing it will take a while to clear all of that out.

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/...005035/AERONET_La_Jolla.2005035.aqua.250m.jpg

Funny you should mention that, Jim -- I was just looking at that picture yesterday. That plume in the Ventura area sure wraps around in a strange way. Maybe what's called for is a nice boat trip to Nic ... ;-)

Catalina is looking pretty good at this point. Of course we got a lot of crap (especially the giant reed, Arundo donax) from the Ventura River drainage but that seems to have moved on south.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill,
I was very surprised to see from the satellite that the river outflow could spread as far as Catalina and affect conditions there. And those giant reeds seem to be everywhere. We were playing with a big ol' 15 footer at Laguna last week.

This morning the LA lifeguards are saying that Malibu area is still less than 5 ft. viz, and Laguna just can't seem to break the 8-10 ft. range (LSS estimate).

headhunter:
Doesn't this mean "Nice Butt!" :D

Christian

That was funny.........

ShakaZulu:
That was funny.........
You guys brighten my day in the most....interesting ways!
"Bon touche" is actually a fencing term (Olympic sport fencing, not chain link or barbed..) used by a fencer to acknowledge a point scored and compliment the opponent on it's quality! It's NOT what ZZ Top was looking for.
I don't care what anyone else says about you - I love you guys!!

Back
Top Bottom