Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well hears the answer I got from the dive store, seems they gave it to there Regional Sales , seems he in turn was suppose to take care of it and apparently hasn’t not ........

at least someone has admitted to sitting on it all this time? whew - that is kinda lucky for you at least

i had hubbys drysuit in for new seals, i let it go for 3 weeks before i rang to ask for the ETA on it - you are one HECK of a patient man

well I have acesss to other suits that belong to our search and rescue team, how ever my time limit and patients are gone , I have sent another email to the shop and also a certified letter .my next step will be in person but its wont be a nice meeting .

well I have acesss to other suits that belong to our search and rescue team, how ever my time limit and patients are gone , I have sent another email to the shop and also a certified letter .my next step will be in person but its wont be a nice meeting .

Don't lose your head. It may be better to contact a lawyer to see what could/should be done before you charge into the store, demand your suit back, and let them off the hook. Talk to an attorney first and ask for advice.

Do you have to go through a dive shop to have repairs at White?

well since the suit had never been in the water or out of the store the legs was too long feet to big so they was to have whites fix same .

I have two Whites suits and they have been exceptional at servicing them. Here's how I do it: When I bought the suit, I immediately found out the name and number of the repair dept manager or technician. At Whites, his name is Brook. I forget about the LDS and send directly for alterations or repair and send directly to Whites. They are well prepared to deal with individuals and I have better communication via phone rather than email. Brook has always responded in a timely way and I've had a few repairs and alterations in the 10 years I've had my suit. My last alteration on the tropical dry took about two weeks.

Well I do believe it’s the dive store that dropped the ball this time, now just matter finding my suit ECT and getting it back. The dive store hasn’t responded to my emails, I haven’t received receipt for my certified mail yet. Did get email from South Regional Sales Manager
Eric Keating
Saying he was going to assist and find out what happened. So waiting some what patiently as mine are finally gone.
The bad thing about this is because of this they forced me to go somewhere else buy another dry suit DUI TLS350 from another store and ZX- Flathead VI regulator anyway would have been pretty good amount of money for my local dive store instead, had to go 65 Miles away.
You know the bad part I haven’t even gotten to dive a whites suit yet, I did dive a DUI suit during dog days in VA. So I setting hear waiting again.

When I ran a shop we realized that this kind of delay (although yours is a truly bad example) was one way to piss off a customer quickly.

The owner insisted that we always track our customer returns/repairs and keep them under tight control. I was amazed when I got there. He could produce gear that the owner had "abandoned" over 3 years prior. He wouldn't sell it off, saying that they might want it back.

The only thing I did to improve it was try to contact them all to get them to pick up. Several of these didn't even require any payment, just come in and pick up! A computer, tanks, etc. One guy finally came in after several attempts and I sent a certified letter to ensure that he DID get the message. He said "So what do you think I have here?" When I gave him a tank that was 2 years into its hydro he was stunned. He had no idea where the tank was.

Bottom line, there's little excuse for long delays in managing this type of activity. If your LDS can't do it, then get your gear back, contact the customer service of the company yourself and explain the situation. I can tell you that except for one manufacturer my experience has been that they will go a long way to prevent bad press in forums like this one.

Anyway, just my 2 minutes of deco...

I guess the thing that makes me the maddest is these was my friends.
also that ran this dive shop, since its a fairly small dive shop and close to me 12 miles compared to the bigger dive shops 60 miles away, I tried my best to support them, I used to charter most my dives off the NC coast with them, inspect my tanks even service my regulators actually they sent them to Airtech in Raleigh .AirTech Scuba Services; Raleigh, NC.
Anyway I am going to try to personally go by the shop this week as they only open few days in week due to winter hrs.
I have always supported my local dive shop even though allot of times I can get stuff cheaper online even with shipping.
I am thinking they most likely have sold my dry suit or never shipped off; whites told they have never gotten a RA from them which are another issue.
At this point I just want my money back since I have ordered another dry suit from DUI and have been called from DUI and given a projected ship date.
I thought that was nice of DUI.

Back
Top Bottom