Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok long short version dry suit bought last year , was sent back for alterations in Jan 2007 , still havent recieved suit back yet , being told from dive shop in customs ect ect ect noone from whites have replied to my emails: ect.
so short version is this patern or just my bad luck.

Is that a typo or has your suit really been missing for 2 years?

In my experience whites customer service has been pretty abysmal.

sorry only one long year , tried again , called dive shop same old story . really getting tired of this .
any way I just ordered this week another dry suit and its a DUI suit.and have talked too and even recieved email back from DUI with a projected ship date of first week in feb, 2008

DUI, from my personal experience, has far better customer service and repair service than Whites.

I did recieve your email (roughly 24 hours ago), passed it on to our sales manager for that area, spoke with our repair manager and we have all been trying to see where the suit may be; but we seem to have no record of the suit. In fact we don't seem to have even issued an RA # for that store. I would highly recommend that you speak with your dive shop to locate any paper trail that there may or may not be...

I'm sorry that you have been without a suit for so long....

Until the Next Dive....
Tyler

...but we seem to have no record of the suit.....

this is what i suspected you will hear... 12 months in repairs is NUTS and i applaude your patience as i would have blown my narna by now!

good luck - i think youre gonna need it

well hears the answer I got from the dive store, seems they gave it to there Regional Sales , seems he in turn was suppose to take care of it and apparently hasn’t not , so with this I think since I have my sale receipt ect will take legal action against this dive store which to be honest really piss's me off because they have always been good to me ,(and are my local store due to next store is 60 miles away)in fact they are a zeagle store was actually going to buy a regulator from them I think I drive the extra 60 miles to another store since that store has always been good to me too .
wonder why so many are going online because from some of the stuff I used to hear like this , I used to be skeptical about but not now , .
Now I did get email from whites so I am going to try to resolve this respectfully, I hope. Seems the trouble from what I am gathering is from the dive shop. I was willing to wait but figure ok stuck in customs yes its possible but not this long.

Have you already contacted the Owner of your dive store??

Or is that possible.

It is a good thing they are dealing with you and not me, I would have lost my cool about 6-7 months ago.

WOW....another LDS losing a customer:shakehead: I dont understand our competition......Well at least Whites is taking care of it. I have never had bad service with them and they have always been great with service....

Hope it gets resolved for you and you enjoy your suit.......when you get it:wink:

Happy Dives

Mike

...spoke with our repair manager and we have all been trying to see where the suit may be; but we seem to have no record of the suit. In fact we don't seem to have even issued an RA # for that store. I would highly recommend that you speak with your dive shop to locate any paper trail that there may or may not be...

Hee, hee... May or may not be. Very nice, Tyler. That was the nicest way of saying, "Dude! We ain't got it! Your LDS has screwed you over again," I have ever seen. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom