pop up video ads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Beginning last evening after we got back from our Bonaire trip, I suddenly began to have pop up video advertisements appearing when I am on SB. It does not appear to be happening on other web sites, so far at least.

Has something changed over last week that allows these pop ups to appear, or might it just be something effecting my particular computer, or browser?

Not being a computer geek, I am asking.

Do a malware scan (I suggest malwarebytes) on your computer. We do not have video popup ads hosted on ScubaBoard. The presence of these ads would indicate that you have an issue on your computer.

Nothing's changed for me here lately....I'm thinking you picked up one of those southern Caribbeans 'bugs'.......

Same thing happened to me. Started on SB, then spread. Take care of it now. It took over my browsers and I wasted hours trying to get rid of it.

Running a virus scan won't do it. You need a malware program. I also downloaded malwarebyte -- it is free and works fine.

By late last evening the virus had
spread to my search engine and was effecting both Firefox and IE.

Ran anti virus then malwarebytes. Lost all Internet access complete after that. No Firefox or IE access at all.

I restored the computer to earlier settings this morning and all seemed good , but I didn't have time this AM to really test it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom