Pork Chops..help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have some huge boring pork chops for dinner tonight. Anything I can do to spice 'em up a bit and surprise my dinner guests?

Thx!

I was just going to put them on the grill...

Put barbecue sauce on them when you get them on the grill. That will spice them up.

Shouldn't I wait until they are almost done? Won't they stick and make a mess before they are cooked, with all the turning?

Yeah, let them grill first, then put the sauce on them before they're ready to come off the last time.

ScubaTexan:
Yeah, let them grill first, then put the sauce on them before they're ready to come off the last time.

OK heading out there..easy and quick thx!
For the future..let's see some more ideas!

Bread them and then put a apple glaze over them. It is wonderful. OD did that for me once and it was to die for.

Rub them with a little salt, pepper, chili powder and cajun spice. Sear them quickly, them turn down the heat and cook. It seals the juices in and gives them a nice little "kick".

Marc

I like to use pinchito spice on pork and grill it. It's delicious!
Either that, or I will mix ~1 cup orange juice, tbs rice vinegar and 2 tb soy sauce (you can play with the proportions) and reduce it by about half on the stove until slightly thickened, and pour over grilled chops. Yum!

Marinate in soy sauce and then grill the pork. Stir-fry some veggies or get one of those foil bags for the grill and put the veggies in it with some more soy sauce.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom