Port closure this morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure why but it just reopened. Called my LDS and there is a story behind it but they couldn't talk as they were scrambling to try and reassemble the AM dive.

Not sure why but it just reopened. Called my LDS and there is a story behind it but they couldn't talk as they were scrambling to try and reassemble the AM dive.
Funny but I just remarked to my husband that, judging by the traffic in front of our house, it's like they turned everything on in the past hour or so and that they must have opened the port...

Funny but I just remarked to my husband that, judging by the traffic in front of our house, it's like they turned everything on in the past hour or so and that they must have opened the port...
For those without a front window to look out of, Fiesta Americana seems to have upgraded their webcam to streaming video W/audio.
Cozumel Poniente

The wind was never coming out of the west or out of the north - if winds were out of the west or north, it would not have been fine out there. It was coming out of the East as normal. Has shifted now to the north at about 9mph as of 1:30pm

They were predicting a bad storm that did not come to fruition, so the port opened at 9am

And yes gopbroeck - mornings between 7am and 9am are probably the very worst time to call and chat - we are busy getting logistics worked out especially when there are weather issues and things get off schedule :) haha

Last edited:
Forgive this highjack OP:

I found that webcam this weekend with the sound! OMG.... hearing the birds chirping has been playing in the background on my laptop all day making my heart feel great! I always check in and look at the El Cid webcam view and it is right under it on that webcam page.... the sound is sooooo awesome! I hope they don't change it!

Cool. Now I have something else to waste my time on!
Not waste, an investment in sanity
Forgive this highjack OP:

I found that webcam this weekend with the sound! OMG.... hearing the birds chirping has been playing in the background on my laptop all day making my heart feel great! I always check in and look at the El Cid webcam view and it is right under it on that webcam page.... the sound is sooooo awesome! I hope they don't change it!
It's the Cozumel site, Hijacking is what we do:callme:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom