Portable platform for shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A submarine, or an entourage including a dinner suit and a string quartet.

DSCF1936.jpg

Tailgate of my truck works perfect for donning tank/BC.......

These work pretty well for me.

Hi Dave,
Those rolling bins look pretty great and may be just what we've been looking for...what's the brand name, if you don't mind?

thanks!
Steve

Are the tanks actually strapped to the cover, it's hard to see the detail of the strap near the top. They look very handy!

Yes, the tanks are strapped to the lids and the boxes are Stanleys. They work well and make great seats during surface intervals. The metal latches will rust but not if you clean them and shot a little WD40 on them once and a while.

They also make great wash bins for gear clean up.

First of all, use a small pickup:

patrick-katy.jpg

And to haul equipment to cenotes deep in the Mayan jungle, we use this:

31.1246367731.donkey.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone just put their stuff on in the water. In my very limited amount of diving I've done it that way off the beach and the boat. I understand that surf and current will put a nix to this.......

:rofl3: :rofl3:

Funny how words mean different things to different people.

Here I was wondering what sort of platform one was going to drag into the water, how they were going to anchor it securely while they were diving, and exactly why one would need an entry platform for their shore dives. Sorry, wrong image came to mind! :D

Didn't sound too funny (strange) to me at all...I did my AOW using a portable platform (the sunken variety) made of a ten-foot PVC pipe square with mesh strung across it. It was suspended from four lines attached to inflatable mooring balls, and it had two anchors to the bottom. Of course, this was used at a lake (not really a typical shore entry such as an ocean beach) at a steep wall location. It worked surprisingly well as a staging area for skills, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom