Portable platform for shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On shore dives, I always find it interesting to see what people drag out of their trunk. I also like to observe how they pack their gear. I have learned and now utilize many of their ideas.
Some locations have wooden picnic benches and such for the divers to use. My instructor/dive buddy has this fold-able 2 x 2 table (work bench) that is the right height for donning and removing your tank. I have been doing a little research and did find a fold-able work platform/scaffold unit that maybe quite useful but.....I was curious what others have come up with.

So what things, other than your Scuba gear, can you suggest that make the pre / post dive more enjoyable.

Jim, this also works well for a shore dive platform........:wink:

kayak2front.jpg

also, how's your year 'looking'---amazing we're gunna be up in '10 vs '09---that surprised the crap outta me....

We just use the backs of the cars that we drive out in, the hand carts that they have at the dive site and then buddys help to lift the rig up to get it on.

Jim, this also works well for a shore dive platform........:wink:

kayak2front.jpg

also, how's your year 'looking'---amazing we're gunna be up in '10 vs '09---that surprised the crap outta me....

Do you get in and out of that from the water. Getting in, I would imagine, would be quite difficult.

This year our gross was down from '09 but our net was up nicely. So, I have no complaints!! We did make some big purchases as well. New OCT and a 15 mega pixel fundus camera....great toys!

Do you get in and out of that from the water. Getting in, I would imagine, would be quite difficult.

This year our gross was down from '09 but our net was up nicely. So, I have no complaints!! We did make some big purchases as well. New OCT and a 15 mega pixel fundus camera....great toys!

@ least the correct numbers were high, lol......I was really thinking along about Jan/Feb that '10 was gunna be a off, but it wound up not.....

Getting in & out is not a problem, you just tether EVERYTHING & ditch/don the BC in the water---remove my weight belt before entering kayak & use your fins to kick up & over & resting on the yak, then swing back straight in it---so far so good.....I do all solo diving with it, can't find anyone else locally that has one to join me....It's a lttle slow, but I only travel less than a mile from launch area, so not too bad....Here is a video showing how it's all done, click link below---he's got a couple with very good ideas in them.....

YouTube - Kayak Scuba Diving : Removing Kayak Scuba Diving Gear

I've also since replaced the rear(BC/tank well area) bungie cords with easier snap straps as seen in below pic---It's loaded & ready to go..
20100827003.jpg

For single tank diving, I use my tailgate. For doubles, I use an x-table (the x-table is slightly shorter than my tailgate, so I prefer that for the doubles).

What is an "x-table"? Is that anyone of the common portable tables that the legs fold under on for storage?

@ least the correct numbers were high, lol......I was really thinking along about Jan/Feb that '10 was gunna be a off, but it wound up not.....

Getting in & out is not a problem, you just tether EVERYTHING & ditch/don the BC in the water---remove my weight belt before entering kayak & use your fins to kick up & over & resting on the yak, then swing back straight in it---so far so good.....I do all solo diving with it, can't find anyone else locally that has one to join me....It's a lttle slow, but I only travel less than a mile from launch area, so not too bad....Here is a video showing how it's all done, click link below---he's got a couple with very good ideas in them.....

YouTube - Kayak Scuba Diving : Removing Kayak Scuba Diving Gear

I've also since replaced the rear(BC/tank well area) bungie cords with easier snap straps as seen in below pic---It's loaded & ready to go..

20100827003.jpg

Very impressive. I guess a little practice was in order.

All the best in 2011!

Diver 85, that looks like a lot of fun. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom