Portage Quarry "Legends of Diving"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am planning on being there.

I would love too, but it is a long drive form here...

If all goes well I shall be there but that is only the next weekend after the Vintage Assembly in Wazee, kind of compressed. N

Hi I will be there, I am arriving on thurs the 10th. Hope to see you.

Fred.

Hi, I'll be there. The owner of our LDS, Alec Peirce (Scuba 2000), is doing the Sea Hunt presentation. We're all coming up on Friday.

What is the diving like in Portage Quarry? Temperature expected? Depth? Thanks! :)

Ayisha:
Hi, I'll be there. The owner of our LDS, Alec Peirce (Scuba 2000), is doing the Sea Hunt presentation. We're all coming up on Friday.

What is the diving like in Portage Quarry? Temperature expected? Depth? Thanks! :)

It looks like it has warmed up a lot more than usual this year. Their website is claiming a toasty 68f below the thermocline, I'll have to dive it to believe it.

The viz varies quite a bit, I wouldn't expect anything over 15-20 feet if it is going to be as crowded as I think it will that weekend. Avg depth is around 40 - 50 feet.

Are you going to be diving a double hose for the event?

Let's not forget that this upcoming weekend is the Wazee Vintage Equipment Assembly. Go to vintagescubasupply.com for more information. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom