Posado del Sol won't return deposit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I sent a $4800 deposit to Posada del Sol (Guanaja) about a year ago (we were going to reserve the whole place for a wedding party). The resort won't respond and I've heard it may be closing for good. Anyone know anything about Posada del Sol's condition or have any advice on how I might recover my money? Dan

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. The only thing that I can suggest is getting a moderator to move this thread out of the 'Do It Yourself - DIY > Making your own gear' forum and into one that might be more appropriate, and get you more exposure.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with the current owners? If you do please let me know by email to me at lagonia at the a o and l thing dot you know what

Thanks

Ouch, I imagine if they are going out of business for money reasons you will have trouble recovering any money. Good luck though!

Lost deposit in Honduras sounds like a tax deduction at best. Good luck...

Chances are you are going to have to get in line behind a number of big lendors (ie banks, investors, etc) and lien holders that will have first dibs on any remaining cash assets.

So sorry to hear about it though. Perhaps you could claim it on some type of insurance. Did you pay for it on a credit card? They might have a way to recover it or credit you. I know DAN has trip insurance that might/may have provided coverage for this type of loss.

Good luck,

OK, enough is enough. I've made the same mistake myself in the past. Check the date of the original post, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom