Poseidon Cyklon 300 1st Stage Service Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This picture from the old manual might help show why the internals are the same, despite a wide variety of part numbers.

20170811_155817.jpg

The second pic looks like a 3950 or 3960, and might have something stamped on the bottom. Proper kit depends upon whether it needs an extra o-ring. Extra o-ring if attached to a Cyklon. Unneeded if it's on a Jetstream/Odin.

The third pic looks like a standard 2962.

Kits per the table above. All available

Last edited:
I would guess you need kit #3891 for the first reg,
kit #3769 for the second reg (flat bottom) or kit #3872 for Nitrox in EU, and
another #3891 for the third picture.

All pictures ar of the same reg. I have not yet got the possibility to photo my other regs. ;-)

The second pic looks like a 3950 or 3960, and might have something stamped on the bottom. Proper kit depends upon whether it needs an extra o-ring. Extra o-ring if attached to a Cyklon. Unneeded if it's on a Jetstream/Odin.

The third pic looks like a standard 2962.

Kits per the table above. All available

I'm having trouble tracking with your comments because the above series of pics are all from the same regulator.

Can you clarify which o-ring is added only for use of a cyklon 2nd stage and why it's different.

Oops. Not seeing the flats in the third pic made it look like a 2962. And when the conical bottom was hidden in the pic on its side, I thought I was seeing a newer flat bottomed 3960.
My bad. Okay, this is easy. It's a 2960, and you need a kit #3891.
Like I said, the only diff in #3891 and 3881 are the port plug Orings. You can use a standard 2-010 & 2-011 for them anyway.

Screenshot_2016-08-21-13-49-01.png

When you have newer #3960 style regs (3950 and 3960 flat bottom regs), there is an extra Oring added in the 3790 first stage that's missing from the exactly similar 3880 first stage.
That 2809 o-ring is needed to protect against overpressure to the Jetstream, but it's not used in the Cyklon, which uses a higher IP.

It doesn't apply here. I confused the issue because I thought I was seeing one flat bottomed 3960 reg.

The 2960 uses different hardware inside.
Again, my bad for confusing the issue.

I have three (2940)Cyklon 300 1st stages that I am planning to rebuilt soon, as well as a couple #2960. From what I can tell, the appropriate kit (#3886 for the 2940 version Cyklon) does not come with Viton O-rings. I will include a cross-ref chart I have been working on, because I have found a lot of misinformation out there, and now prefer to just figure out some of this for myself.. or at least do some reasonable fact checking. *for example, I was told that the #3872 kit was backwards compatible to earlier models. This is 100% NOT true as the 2960/50/40 first stages use an #1189 diaphragm and the Cyklon (2940) HP seat is different #2302.

You can see on the chart, there are some parts that are common to other 1st stages, and some that are unique between generations.

My intention is to order min qty of the individual parts to make myself a few #3886(v) kits that will be compatible with richer nitrox / o2.

Most of the small bits have a min qty of 5, 10, or 20.. so I am not sure how many kits I will end up with. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to discuss in detail.

View attachment 416840
I am looking for some parts for my Cyklon 5000 3950

I am looking for some parts for my Cyklon 5000 3950
Which parts in particular?

I can recommend Silent Explorers (www.silentexporers.com), out of Minnesota, for Poseidon parts and service kits. I managed to find some older parts through them, for a reasonable price, when I thought that I'd have to cannibalize yet another old regulator / paperweight . . .

Which parts in particular?

I can recommend Silent Explorers (www.silentexporers.com), out of Minnesota, for Poseidon parts and service kits. I managed to find some older parts through them, for a reasonable price, when I thought that I'd have to cannibalize yet another old regulator / paperweight . . .
the HP seat and this part pictured. thanks for the help. I had used them when I found my service kit.

Attachments

• image0(2).jpeg
    image0(2).jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 43
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom