Possible dive log application for iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be interested if it came with free cell phone service.

I'm a long time (1986) Apple user. I've love to buy an iPhone - but I'm not paying the ridiculous rates to use one.

I just replaced my 4 year old Motorola v600 with a Nokia 6120 classic. Cost me $200. The "pay as you go" AT&T phone service I use with it costs me all of $100/year - $125 if I really talk a lot. No way am I paying the $700+ per year (MINIMUM) to use an iPhone. No way. No how. No thanks.

I could be interested in a dive log app that runs on my Nokia though :)

.......but I'm not paying the ridiculous rates to use one......

Would these be Rogers rates in Canada by chance?

Having followed this post all along now, I have thought about it and do not think I would utilize this sort of application. I love (absolutely love) the Dive Log that comes with my Suunto Cobra and actually enjoy going back over dives. I think I would prefer to go over them on my full size computer rather than a small iPhone. I want the full size graphs etc. for me to see. This is just my personal take on it of course.

I don't want to promise too much at the moment, but I'm in contact with an iPhone developer who wants to create a logbook application which is able to sync with Diving Log. The development has just started, so it may take a while for a first version, but I'm very confidently. I've also contacted the thread starter before a long time, but never got a response.

I would also like to get one or both of the existing Mac desktop logbooks into this project, so iPhone users with Macs are also able to sync their logbooks to the desktop. When there are some more news I'll write it here in this thread.

Would these be Rogers rates in Canada by chance?
No, I'm talking about the $60/month (minumum) that AT&T wants.

I love (absolutely love) the Dive Log that comes with my Suunto Cobra and actually enjoy going back over dives.
I'd like to. I really want to. But it doesn't work under MacOS X ): Mac Divelog is pretty good though.

No, I'm talking about the $60/month (minumum) that AT&T wants.

I just bought an iphone 3G, and the $60 individual service plan. The wife is still mulling over whether to get one or go with another smartphone from Verizon or Sprint. I'll agree that the iphone as a cellphone is nothing spectacular, but when you consider what else it will do, I think its something special. I've not seen anything with a superior web browsing experience.

Regarding the cost, I don't think that the AT&T iphone plan is out of line when you look at what it would cost to go with another provider's basic service and then add an unlimited data option to it. You're going to be at around $60 either way you go, at least in my area. For example, Verizon wants $80 a month for a plan with unlimited data (it does include unlimited text messaging, which is a $20 option to the iphone plan). And that's without putting any monetary value on the iphone's user friendly interface.

I'm very interested in a dive application for the iphone, particularly one that would sync with a mac computer application.

Here are some news: the dives were stored in a SQLite database on the iPhone and can be synchronized with the desktop logbook software. So you're able to get your dive profiles onto the iPhone. And here are some early screenshots (they are likely to change due to the early stage):

iphone01.png

iphone02.png

iphone03.png

iphone04.png

Images by More Mobile Software

Last edited:
Wow! That looks very promising. It's about time someone made a proper dive app for the iphone.

Back
Top Bottom