Possible dive log application for iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I downloaded the Dive Log app to my iphone the first day it was available and it works great.
Data imported with NO TROUBLE and there is all the information you would want when traveling.

It is well worth the small price that is being ask - especially when used in conjunction with Diving Log 4.0 on the PC.

It would be a good stand alone app as well, but You would have your dive profiles available

I don't add pictures to my logs, so that doesn't matter to me

I WOULD SAY GIVE IT A TRY

More Mobile Software also has an app available called iDeco if you just want to plan your dives

I would like to see a light version for testing... I'm a little shy of iphone maps that I can't try first (can you say burned a few times). Maybe something that is full feature but will only support 5 dives or the like so we can get a feel for if we can get our import data in and syncing and so on...?

I would second this. Especially since there is no assurance of MacOS compatibility from the developer. Only promises that it will work if you buy software from somewhere else. The "somewhere else" has a trial version. This should too.

AT&T is the major suck network in this area therefore I do not own an iPhone.

So, no I wouldn't be interested.....:D

You don't NEED an Iphone for this app. Ipod touch works just fine.

I've lived in 7 states and AT&T was known to be the suck company in all of those places I lived. I beleive it was stated as something like "They suck pond water through a bent straw" or something like that. ANYWAYS, that is why I have an Ipod touch 16GB and just use vonage on it. And all the phone apps work on the touch too.

I might be late to this discussion, but have you looked at MacDive?
that looks like a great application, although I have no personal experience with it.
I found it as I am shopping for a computer compatible with a mac.
If it integrated with one another it'd be fantastic.

I'll second the serial number list, and a way to keep track of maintenance.
The GPS is not as important for me as I am unlikely to take the phone on the boat with me.
Looking at the few images, I would love to look at the dives by dates. Not diving often, It would probably be the best way for me to look for a past dive.
I love the idea of the app.
I'd suggest to release it asap, even in beta version, and see what people are saying.

Good luck, and keep up the good work.

I have been using (and loving) the Dive Log app on my phone since the day it was released, but since I just stumbled across this thread, I'm curious... did anything ever come of the OP's planned app?

I can confirm that the use of the iphone at any depth isnt a good idea. It loses its signal at a relatively shallow depth, you cant talk on it, texting works fine, and the battery doesnt like water.....just my input

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom