possible Indiana dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop:
an Indy dive shop had this about Fowler Park (scroll down)....

http://www.dsiwdeep.com/index.cgi

I know Jim at my LDS said that to dive Fowler Park, you pretty much just needed to go to the caretaker's house to let him know.

Hmm, been to DSI's web page and never saw that. Get certified and let me know when you want to dive. :D The worst they can do is ask us to leave.

I got a response regarding diving in Racoon Lake.....
"Thank you for inquiring information on scuba diving here at Raccoon State Recreation Area. Yes, scuba diving is allowed under the following conditions:

1) Scuba diving will be permitted by written permit only (Acquire permit at property office (765) 344-1412).
2) The permit will be issued only to a diver holding an Open Water Certification; equivalent or higher.
3) A permit may be issued to a diver holding a Basic Certification if accompanied by a diver holding an Open Water Certification; equivalent or higher.
4) A diving flag will be exhibited at a place the diving is taking place.
5) Diving between the hours of sunrise & sunset, Monday thru Thursday, excluding holidays.

If you need any further assistance, please contact me here at the Raccoon property office.

Thank you,

Mike Clingerman
Property Manager
Raccoon State Recreation Area"

I love number 5! I think you would have to be crazy to dive it on a weekend.

That is wonderful. I have a pontoon boat that I keep docked there in the summer. Once you get your check off dives done we can see about getting together for some diving. I would not expect the vis to be good. Even when I am swimming I can't see my feet. But I am willing to give it a try.

moonlight:
I would not expect the vis to be good. Even when I am swimming I can't see my feet. But I am willing to give it a try.

Oh~~well. You reminds me of the Ohio River. :rofl3:

At racoon I may not be able to see my feet, but unlike the Ohio river I never had to dodge floating objects:eyebrow:

sbfd0496:
logansport has a nice quarry with spoonbill and some small trucks and a bus. basically a smaller version of gilboa

France Park?

just seeing if there's any chance of reviving this... we're new to clear lake and would love to dive it sometime (mid-week, slightly off season maybe). does anybody know of anyone who still dives that lake?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom