Posted some Coz Dive Pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are some great shots. I never saw anything close to that on my Coz trip in Jan '06.

Great, now I'm having Coz withdrawls. :(

FD

RonFrank:
I think all those were done with either the 18-35mm, or the 60mm. I also used the 12-24mm. Hey does your 12-24mm work with the dome port we have, or do you need an extension? Have you tried it?

I think we tried it that day back in October/November at Blue Hole. But I'm fuzzy with that.....

Are you talking about the post in the Nikon Niche about the 12-24mm lens?

ABQdiver:
I think we tried it that day back in October/November at Blue Hole. But I'm fuzzy with that.....

Are you talking about the post in the Nikon Niche about the 12-24mm lens?

Yeah, I can't remember what we did or did not try, or if you had tried this while you had the housing.

When we hookup again, make sure to bring the 12-24mm, and we can make sure that it works with the dome setup. It should work, with both lenses being 3.5" in length, and both have a minimum focus of 11.8". So why would Ikelite suggest a different port extension? :confused: Does the Nikon extend when zoomed?

RonFrank:
Yeah, I can't remember what we did or did not try, or if you had tried this while you had the housing.

When we hookup again, make sure to bring the 12-24mm, and we can make sure that it works with the dome setup. It should work, with both lenses being 3.5" in length, and both have a minimum focus of 11.8". So why would Ikelite suggest a different port extension? :confused: Does the Nikon extend when zoomed?

Maybe an improvement?

No the 12-24mm doesn't extend, all internal.

My COZ Gallary is HERE

ScorpionFish_001_web1.jpg

I have just scratched the surface of my Coz photo's but the topside beach stuff is for D, and may he convince his wife that Coz is the best vacation spot for a non-diving wife, at lleast within a few hours plane ride. If he can convince his wife that bringing me along is the best option, my hat's off to D!:popcorn:

ABQdiver:
Maybe an improvement?

No the 12-24mm doesn't extend, all internal.

I can not image as the closer to the end of the port is, the better. The extension we have is shorter than what Ike is recommending, and the lenses have identical specs. The Tokina is an IF and internal zoom lens as well, IOW's nothing grows!:D

Excellent picture Ron. How deep was the picture of the Eagle Ray shot at? Aren't they usually spotted on deeper portions of the reef? I've only seen a few of them and that was off wall dives at around 90fsw. It looks like he's up on top of the reef.

amascuba:
Excellent picture Ron. How deep was the picture of the Eagle Ray shot at? Aren't they usually spotted on deeper portions of the reef? I've only seen a few of them and that was off wall dives at around 90fsw. It looks like he's up on top of the reef.

Hmm, I think the spotted eagle ray was at about 80 feet, maybe 70 minimum. We saw eight after we finished Punta Sur. They were all at about 50 feet. They love to bury their heads in the sand, and suck up whatever it is they suck up! I hear they love Conchs as well, but we never saw one attacking a Conch. We saw over a dozen over the course of the trip. I never saw one shallow, but they seem to like it around 60~80 feet as we saw a number at that depth. They sure are cool. I'm trying to see if I have any other good images of them. Unfortunately they are not all that common and when you see them, they are often in the distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom