Posting Your Personal Picture & ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divadiver74

Registered
Reaction score
Morning...I know how to browse to find my personal picture (the pic that I would like everyone to know who I am); however, my pic is too large. Help what is my next step.

Then I posted a thread regarding water in ears (something to that effect, not sure how I entered it) and I am unable to locate it? Want to find it. Hopefully, I will be able to find this one. The only thread I can find is my introduction thread.

Thanks to anyone that can help. Gotta go for now...see ya'll in the threads!!!

I'm assuming this is the thread you were referring to . . . http://www.scubaboard.com/t66037.html You can go to your User CP and look up all your past posts under the subscribed threads, or do a search (advanced) and search by your username.

As to creating an avatar (the picture so everyone can see you) in order to use it, you need to shrink it so that it is less than 10k in size. I found making mine about 95x95 pixels and using 256 colors was about right - also at this size a gif is usually smaller than a jpeg image (you can specify either when you save it in your graphics editor)

Hope this helps a bit.
Tim

Thank for your time and I appreciate your reply on finding the past posts, got that under way now, thanks to your expertise.

Regarding creating an avatar, I found where you change the pixles and I did. However, when I get information on the pic, the pic is still over 100 X 100 pixles??? Therefore, it will not except my pic???? My pic is on my hard drive and/or on a cd rom.

Appreciate it if you can help me out on this again.

QUOTE=kidspot]I'm assuming this is the thread you were referring to . . . http://www.scubaboard.com/t66037.html You can go to your User CP and look up all your past posts under the subscribed threads, or do a search (advanced) and search by your username.

As to creating an avatar (the picture so everyone can see you) in order to use it, you need to shrink it so that it is less than 10k in size. I found making mine about 95x95 pixels and using 256 colors was about right - also at this size a gif is usually smaller than a jpeg image (you can specify either when you save it in your graphics editor)

Hope this helps a bit.
Tim[/QUOTE]

I was recently on another vBulletin board and they had an auto-sizing option for uploading both avatars and profile pictures.

Is that an option you can turn on here?

Marc

I am not sure if you wanted me to respond, still new to all this thread stuff. However, I am still resolving my challenges.

don't need to respond, but if you'd like me to reduce it to a usable size you can email the picture to me as an attachment, then I'll just email it back - it'll only take a minute or two to finish. My email address is tim@kidspot.org - I got another hour at work and unfortunately only 3 customers during the past 7 hours . . . at least they were good customers!

Resizing is not a stock option but rather it must be an addon of some sort (well, the main attachment photos resize but avatars and profile pictures do not). The image will need to be resized in advance.

Got my avatart taken care of finally. Thanks for all your input! See u in the threads.

kidspot:
don't need to respond, but if you'd like me to reduce it to a usable size you can email the picture to me as an attachment, then I'll just email it back - it'll only take a minute or two to finish. My email address is tim@kidspot.org - I got another hour at work and unfortunately only 3 customers during the past 7 hours . . . at least they were good customers!

Got it taken care of, thanks!!!!

Tech Admin:
Resizing is not a stock option but rather it must be an addon of some sort (well, the main attachment photos resize but avatars and profile pictures do not). The image will need to be resized in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom