Pot luck dive and celebration 4-04-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for having me it was a great experiece. I will love to do it again especialy now that you guys are gonna play bowling UW. I learned a few things and that makes it all worth it, I will try my horizontal release valve next dive. And geeting to meet all of you guys, makes it even more rewarding. Ed thank you for buding up with me and sorry if I did anything wrong on the dive. I know the fin scenario was not pretty. I hope to dive with you all soon
Carlos

Well, I have the bowling ball now..and we all have the ocean.... Stick some fins up and let it roll!! :rofl3:

That ball is not a regulation ball, it has too many holes... but if you bribe my kids again with some more tasty :popcorn: I'll look the other way.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for having me it was a great experiece. I will love to do it again especialy now that you guys are gonna play bowling UW. I learned a few things and that makes it all worth it, I will try my horizontal release valve next dive. And geeting to meet all of you guys, makes it even more rewarding. Ed thank you for buding up with me and sorry if I did anything wrong on the dive. I know the fin scenario was not pretty. I hope to dive with you all soon
Carlos

Carlos... it was good meeting you too, now that the water is warming up there will be more of these happening but don't wait for another picnic to get together just say when you want to dive and most likely someone will join you!

I take it that you enjoyed the popcorn also! Cool beans! Glad everybody likes it, and I enjoy making it!

I take it that you enjoyed the popcorn also! Cool beans! Glad everybody likes it, and I enjoy making it!

popcorn.bmp

:D
Obxdiverguy + sharkbait0501
ScubaJenny + Hermit Crab
Showboat + Joni
H20skier + FairWaterDiver
LowVizWiz + his beautiful children
ChillyWillie + lovely wife and children
DougRencher + Bobbi
tcarpjr
ctx120
divergirl4u
DennisS
Ccameselle
Ektess1
Mr. Lee

I hope I am not missing anyone.

Wow what a great turn out we had! I started my day with a nurse shark at least 6ft! The divers entered the water around 10'ish and swan way out to the ledge and traveled south down the ledges, it is beautiful. Purple sea fans sway with tide, flamingo tongue display on the fans, and hard and soft corals have turned a ledge into a brightly colored work of art. Tropical fish have filled every nook and carnie and schools of grunts weave through the ledges and corals.
As we where swimming up to the ledge one of the group had fallen behind so I went to find Mr. Lee and he was fooling around with his new camera. The vis was around 30 feet so the group was now out of site as I collected Mr. Lee and swam in towards the group, about that time I noticed a BIG shark with his head up under the ledge and it was trying to fit, but it did not fit and it was thrashing around a bit. I could also tell it was nurse shark by the shape of the tail. I thought Mr Lee is going to freak out! So I give Mr Lee the shark signal and pointed in that direction, he was still fiddling around with his camera and did not respond. So I bang my tank once and got his attention again gave him the shark signal and spread my arm to indicated really really big shark and pointed in the direction. Well that got his attention he starts swimming closer to me and looks, his eyes got big and round it was funny. We see Nurse all the time on shore dives but we see small nurse mainly baby Nurse so this was great! As the vis was down we needed to stay pretty close so I hunkered down and watched the shark and Mr Lee watch from behind/above me lol. I think our group had spooked the shark out of his ledge when they swam by and it was ready to get back to sleep. Finally the shark got under the ledge sideways and was fitting well when the shark saw us watching it and took off North up the ledge. We continued towards our group when Mr Lee swims up to me and has 1200 psi in his tank, I saw he had a small leak coming from the top of the tank so I turned the dive and headed for sore. Maybe we can get a dive report from someone in the group all I know is Jenny was bowling or something. The group then came in and we had a nice lunch it was fun. Dan thanks for being the cook and I hope you had as much fun as I did.
Kelly and Justin it was a great day filled with friendship and laughter. We all hope you two have a wonderful future together and many more dives to come.

Highlights of the dive:
guitar fish
Large Nurse Shark
Bowling ball
:wink:

Last edited:
lol :hm: missing a link huh?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom