POTW - Grouper - not on the menu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Response from Sheryl re Goliath:
'This is a very nice photo of the GG. Lucky find. I have seen them only 3 times in Cozumel - San Francisco, Jardines and once on a shore dive at Playa Corona. I wish they would ban fishing them permanently - I think there were plans afoot to do just that but I don't know if it went through."

Since you've included other seabasses, how about adding photos of other, smaller species found here: harlequin, chalk, lantern, snow, tobaccofish, sand perch, the hamlets, greater soapfish, cave & peppermint basslets, creolefish?

Groupper.jpg

Taken on 4/1

Grouper18.jpg

Both taken on my first trip with my camera

Since you've included other seabasses, how about adding photos of other, smaller species found here: harlequin, chalk, lantern, snow, tobaccofish, sand perch, the hamlets, greater soapfish, cave & peppermint basslets, creolefish?

Blame Jen for the seabass! Maybe we can save the other, smaller cousins for another PTOW.

Back
Top Bottom