POW Meeting Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to go Ontario Diver and Colbalt Babe!! Wish there was a way I could attend or join in, but I'm on the wrong side of the lake!

Thanks Tom for the update.

How did the meating go with the recent concerns of wreck access, Anything new to report or any plans forth coming

I think it went pretty well. I wish there were more divers who were interested in preserving our wrecks. The members talked about mooring and things like that. I know everyone is interested in preserving but not many are willing to do anything about it. They need people of all experience levels. Divers who are NAS trained and people who just care about preserving the wrecks for future divers to enjoy. Matt and I went because of the regulations being set down by the government. It is a very interesting process. I want to thank all the members for allowing us to sit in and observe and to join in at times. Thank you as well to Tom at NTD for hosting the meeting. It was a good experience.

Sound Good, but what can divers do to help out. I would think with all this talk and meetings going on, its surely leading to ????????????????

Mr A

Divers can get involved. Everyone loves diving on these wrecks but no one wants to do the work to make sure they are preserved. This includes mooring the wrecks so boats know they are there and don't anchor on them. Also, there are new wrecks being found all the time. What about NAS1 to start with?? I for one plan on taking NAS1. Every little thing counts. Heck just helping Jim with lines help!!

This is true but right now both POW and SOS are on a decline when it comes to membership. We all know it. It's a shame because the people who are involved are very dedicated and have been for a long time. My hats off to them, it isn't easy.

Well thats true Marry very true, but some divers just don't like the folks that are doing the driving on this cause. This board has been a great medium for new diver information but lately it has shown to be a medium for self promoting subliminal business adventures and has left a bad taste. If you want help your going to have to change the drivers to outsiders with no biased attitudes toward individual divers, instructors and agencies. SOS Toronto is basically nothing but a web site these days.

Mr Adams

Back
Top Bottom