PRAM in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hagan34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm heading to Cozumel in june and was wondering if any one has run in to any issues there using a PRAM. I feel that there should be no issue but dont want to pack it all the way there and run any chance of losing it for it to just sit topside. diving with Dive Paradise it that helps.

The only issue I had is that I only took one extra one as a loaner. If I would have had a second loaner, the dive master would have borrowed it also (I should have offered for him to try it earlier in the week). :)

The only other issue is that I can’t wait to get back down there. We dove with Scuba Club. Everyone we met was great, the diving is fantastic.

Have a great time.

You can take a single hose 1st stage with you as insurance against ignorance. Then you can change over the octo, spg, and inflator hose to the 1st stage if you need to.

I dove mine in Jan at Scuba Club as well. No issues at all other than the normal discussions on the boat....well except I did have to have a chat with a "helpful" DM who decided my BC was not adjusted correctly when I was not watching my equipment.....hit my head through the entire dive and negatively effected the regs preformance.....a friendly "don't mess with my gear" chat fixed that problem.....Keep an eye on your gear for the first day or 2 just in case some DM wants to "
help".

On the other hand I do always carry a spare first and second stage just in case and as a spare if something goes wrong with a reg.

great, I was planing on taking my new stuff and had originally planed on leaving the DH at the house, mainly for weight and space savings and having to deal with any issues for those that dont understand. Looking at the baggage "laws" for my airline I have found since im Military I "allowed" 3 free bags that that be came a null issue and should have more then enough room a week long dive trip. SO then the only concern was taking it and not being able to use it.

THanks all

Photo taken of me on the C/53 Cozumel, Dec '09 by David Haas with a Canon S-90 in Ikelite housing. Diving with Scuba Club the whole week never an issue with the Phoenix. In Sept '09 same regulator configuration with Sand Dollar Sports, no problem.
IMG_1055-1.jpg

A PRAM in Cozumel.

No problem as long as it has an Octo, BC, and an SPG. They don't like to buddy breath.

Attachments

• PICT0229.jpg
    PICT0229.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 88

Back
Top Bottom