Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
God is Love.

Rick, Love is God! Without the love of God, God wouldn't have grace and without grace there would be no mercy. So, yes God is love, but really love is God.

Hemlon:
I have deliberately remained quiet throughout the past few pages of back and forth (There's-a-god/no-there-isn't) discussion because, really, I have no profound insight that hasn't already been said by myself and others.

But here is one morsel that I would like Judeo-Christian believers to ponder:

If...IF...you really want to lead people to your god, how about acting like your god makes you happy?

I don't just mean the kind of even-tempered, life-is-ok kind of happiness. I mean the over-the-top, jubilant, outragious kind of happiness that little kids get when they are at Disneyworld!

According to you, you have the answer to life, right?? You have THE numero-uno savior of mankind, right?

THEN ACT HAPPY!

Because what most of us non-believers see are mopey, gossiping, crabby old farts and fart-ettes who have about as much enthusiasm as I do before a dental visit.

I know that life is hard for you too. You have bills to pay, cranky bosses to please and hormonal teenagers to endure just like the rest of us.

But if you TRULY believe that you are a "child of God" then how about acting like it?

I believe I am a child of God. I am Christian. I am as happy as I can be right now. God has blessed me with many things in my life. Without God I would be nothing. Don't discriminate Christians by a couple of people who aren't filled with the Holy Spirit.

Hemlon:
If...IF...you really want to lead people to your god, how about acting like your god makes you happy?

I don't just mean the kind of even-tempered, life-is-ok kind of happiness. I mean the over-the-top, jubilant, outragious kind of happiness that little kids get when they are at Disneyworld!

I thought I did. :eyemouth: Has it not come :monkeydan across in my posts? :luxhello:

i can tell you're having trouble typing from all the leaping dancing,
shouting, and singing you're doing

:wink:

bedmund:
That's cool. I'll have a bit now and then but never in excess. :58:
I haven't had a drink since August, 1989.

[TONE=Sarcastic] And here all this time I thought it was prayer, faith and divine intervention that completely released me from a disease that has plagued every male and female in my family history living and dead as far back as we know. But now, after reading this thread, I discover that it was me all along that did it, without help! That the level of intelligent being on this planet tops out at me! I don't know how I did it but, I prayed, and then bingo! Never wanted a drink again. I sure am amazing![/Sarcastic]

Now that takes faith...

Rick Inman:
But now, after reading this thread, I discover that it was me all along that did it, without help!

yes sir it was. it all came down to you, and you did the right thing.

but that just confirms what i know: you're one heck of a person

Rick Inman:
I haven't had a drink since August, 1989.

[TONE=Sarcastic] And here all this time I thought it was prayer, faith and divine intervention that completely released me from a disease that has plagued every male and female in my family history living and dead as far back as we know. But now, after reading this thread, I discover that it was me all along that did it, without help! That the level of intelligent being on this planet tops out at me! I don't know how I did it but, I prayed, and then bingo! Never wanted a drink again. I sure am amazing![/Sarcastic]

Now that takes faith...

Well, lots of folks have actually kicked that habit and worse on their own without religion, so I don't see that as some kind of proof of the validity of prayer and or religion. People actually DO have a lot of power on their own, once they learn how to tap into it.

H2Andy:
i can tell you're having trouble typing from all the leaping dancing,
shouting, and singing you're doing

:wink:

No that's prolly frum the beeer eye jus' had.

:D

Back
Top Bottom