Cameron Donaldson (northernone) a requiem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RayfromTX

Student Of Gas Mixology
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Cameron Donaldson - a requiem 3-23-2019

It is with great reluctance and heavy hearts that we acknowledge that in the absence of a true miracle we will never again see Cameron alive. Our hearts are broken and our spirits battered. Our minds say he is gone but our hearts say this can’t be. He has been a blessing to all that have known him. He has been a mirror into who we are and he has always validated us by his unconditional love, inspired by his deep connection with God. He has spent all his energies in search of knowledge and in finding ways to help others. He has lifted us up and shown us direction. How can he now be gone?

And yet it has been a week of searching and knowing with each passing day that if he reached the surface that the exposure on the open sea would have slowly taken his strength. We don’t know what happened to cause his failure to return from his scuba dive but we know that he was where he wanted to be and was doing what he wanted to do. He always asked himself if he knew that life was short, was he spending it the way he would have wanted? His most recent answer to that question was absolutely yes.

He lived every day as if there was no time to waste. He leaves a legacy of grateful people who were blessed to know him. His love and patience and calm acceptance of others will live on in those that learned from him. His childlike joy and zest for life will live in our memories. We will somehow find a way to carry on without him but he will live on in who we are and be a constant reminder of how to treat people in a way that makes them know that they matter.

We will continue to search for him and for answers to what might have happened but we recognize the probability that we lost Cameron from this world last Saturday in some unknown event that he was unable to recover from.

The outpouring of love and support during our search efforts has been amazing and yet unsurprising. The world is full of wonderful people and Cameron found many of them as friends. Our hearts have been filled to see the responses of hundreds of people who he has touched. Our words of thanks seem inadequate but thank you all for helping us with your gifts, your thoughts and your prayers. The community that he surrounded himself with has shown what love looks like on a grand scale and we will never forget how you lifted us up in our most difficult time.

How did Cameron touch your life? I have heard so many Cameron stories. Post them here. I can't believe it was just a week ago that I was reading his message about how cool it was to sidemount AL13s to dive shallow. "like free diving with more bottom time."

Peace be with his mother Bonnie, brother Malcolm and all his friends and family.

I only knew him on the board. His work helping people recover from stress inspired me to reach out more. His need for stuff to work with simple gear for the many he trained was always a reminder to stay basic. I though he was much much older. I regret not meeting him off the board. The world is definitely better for his being here. Peace to him, his family, and his friends.

55840486_404467366953707_7653026509040386048_n.jpg

I Was hoping this was not going to be the outcome. My condolences to his family and friends.

Peace and my condolences to his family and friends. Never forgotten.

I've only known Cameron through posts here on scubaboard, which were thoughtful and has certainly expanded my knowledge of diving. Thank you, Cameron.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Such a sad day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom