Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
I found some keys (maybe they were yours?), but they didn't seem to fit right, and when I tried to use them I could only seem to go where I was pushed. So, I ripped the cover off my steering column, and found that I could start the truck just fine with a screwdriver.

I still wanted to discover how the starter motor works though. A trusted friend had an old Chilton's manual for a 1967 Pontiac that he says has all the answers. While it was very close on many points, I don't think that there's a carburator in what I drive, so I have to question the absolute truth of what it says as it applies to my vehicle, and continue to read between the lines and look at alternatives if I want not just to know how to get to my destination, but also to understand, appreciate, and maintain the means by which I hope to get there.

Excellent description of the problem so many people are having in this area. They are trying to repair the microwave with the manual from the freezer. :) Or are looking for advice for life from those who aren't doing very well themselves.

Do some research and find out how many psychiatrists take their daily dose in order to cope. Scary!

It's all in the Book! Still the number one seller of all time.

TheDivingPreacher:
It's all in the Book! Still the number one seller of all time.
Maybe of all time. Harry Potter has done a lot better in the last 5 years though! :D

I'm almost surprised that there are any Bibles sold since there are so many places where you can get one for free....well I guess some some one is selling them but lots of them are sold to those who give them away.

TheDivingPreacher:
Still the number one seller of all time.
I had to look when it occurred to me I had no idea whet else would be in the top ten selling books of all time. I was suprised to find that number 2 is "Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-Tung" (the little red book)

TheDivingPreacher:
looking for advice for life from those who aren't doing very well themselves.
It doesn't take a stand on religion one way or the other (no pun intended), but the best advice for a happy and harmonious life I've come across so far is Lao Tzu's "Tao Te Ching". I can't recommend it highly enough.

Back
Top Bottom