Prayer is useless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
hey, you're happy with the answers you have, who am i to say?

just trying to point out a different reading.

Don't get me wrong Andy, I think the other reading is good. It never hurts to question and the more I question and the further I look, the more convinced I am that I was on the right track in the first place. However, the whole subject is difficult to discuss from so many completely different perspectives.

From my perspective...What we know as the church was started by the opostles of Jesus. NT scripture is what was written by them personally or written from what they directly taught to others who wrote it. Those opostles weren't all that sharp and had some trouble catching on so they probably weren't very competant until they were further prepared by the Holly Spirit (pentecost). It's the doctrin that they brought into the church that has been held on to regardless of what physical archeological traces remain.

To get this far there needs to be a God, Jesus, Holly Spirit and 12 opostles that were really there or no one involved has any credibility including, and especially, other doctrines whether signed with an opostles name or not. We may just as well accept what Msilvia writes. LOL

The point is that without being able to agree on a starting point there is no common frame of reference on which to base a discussion.

MSilvia:
I thought desire was the cause of man's pain... that or a sharp stick.

That's man's desire....and/or a poke in the eye with a burnt stick

H2Andy:
if you are satisfied with that answer, then you have ended your search:

When you found your keys, didn't you stop looking?

Yes, I have found the answer, the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Bright and morning star. The pearl of great price, the one of whom Moses and the prophets spoke.
The lily of the valley, the Great Shepherd, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The One and Only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

The Almighty! JESUS! Amen!
I'm starting to get excited about Heaven again! :D

TheDivingPreacher:

nope, and i never will

TheDivingPreacher:
I'm starting to get excited about Heaven again! :D

Probably a good idea to stick around here as long as you can anyway - just in case.

Mike F, while we may be polar opposites in our beliefs, I'd just like to say that I think you have a very healthy attitude about them and have presented yourself very well in this discussion.

Have any of you all ever woken screaming from a sound sleep dreaming the Hare Krishnas were right? I know I do......

TheDivingPreacher:
I found some keys (maybe they were yours?), but they didn't seem to fit right, and when I tried to use them I could only seem to go where I was pushed. So, I ripped the cover off my steering column, and found that I could start the truck just fine with a screwdriver.

I still wanted to discover how the starter motor works though. A trusted friend had an old Chilton's manual for a 1967 Pontiac that he says has all the answers. While it was very close on many points, I don't think that there's a carburator in what I drive, so I have to question the absolute truth of what it says as it applies to my vehicle, and continue to read between the lines and look at alternatives if I want not just to know how to get to my destination, but also to understand, appreciate, and maintain the means by which I hope to get there.

adurso:
Have any of you all ever woken screaming from a sound sleep dreaming the Hare Krishnas were right? I know I do......
Just chant and be happy adurso... chant and be happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom