Pre not Post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_drum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't have PBD... I have PBA - Pre Bonaire Anticipation!

I have wanted to get to Bonaire for many years, have read this forum as well as several others. I leave on Oct 11th and I cannot wait, almost to the point of going nuts thinking about it. This is almost as bad as when I was anticipating my Fiji trip last year.

A new syndrome. I know exactly what you mean, only three weeks from now I will be in Bonaire, probably exhausted from the red eye from Houston, but I can't wait. I find my symptons are pouring over BSDME and trying to imagine what it will be like, checking SB for any daily updates, and dreamily staring at the reefcams.

I remember feeling that way before our first trip to Bonaire this summer....but the PBD was kept at bay by booking another trip for next year within 2 weeks of returning this year. :wink:

Have a wonderful time and make sure you file a trip report when you return.

I hate you both........ sorry, PBD taking over. :)
Have fun, enjoy the island and it's people. You will know you have caught PBD when about mid week you start discussing "next year".

Looks like Drum is there.

I am heading to Bonaire in early January and I have been in the same boat. Re-reading BSDME and other travel books as well and looking at Scubaboard regularly. I learned some good advise recently that I think is going to help with the PDB, get your next trip lined out before you go!

Ok dangit, now I have the POST version of this syndrome. I just got home last night and I wanna go back (or never left).
I do plan on doing a trip report, just catching up on a bit of annoyances called work...sigh.

Quick, book a return trip!! It's the only known treatment for PBD, though be warned that there is not known cure. :wink:

Looking forward to reading your trip report.

Ok dangit, now I have the POST version of this syndrome. I just got home last night and I wanna go back (or never left).
I do plan on doing a trip report, just catching up on a bit of annoyances called work...sigh.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you managed your trip around the storm.

I'll try to post something today....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom