Pre-order now goodman style handle for Scuba Flashlights! Designed on scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have been working on this Goodman style handle that was originally intended to fit the DRIS 500 and 1000 lights. Through the progression of the design I was able to make it fit any cylindrical flashlight from 1" to 2" diameter.

I have tried to make this as cost effective as possible so that it is accessible to as many divers as possible. The reason I started the project is because I want one for myself and it is too expensive to just make one. By making 100 of these I can bring the cost down on each individual unit.

I am using indiegogo for the preorders. If I reach my goal on indiegogo then production will begin. If I do not reach my goal then all money will be refunded and I will not produce the handle.

Here is a link to the campaign if you would like to pick one up: Goodman Style Handle for Scuba Flashlights | Indiegogo

Here is the original scubaboard thread that shows the design process and all the thought that went into the project: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...oodman-style-handle-dris-1000-500-lights.html

And here are some renderings of what I am going to make!
handle2.jpg

handle.jpg

large-1.jpg

The construction is anodized aluminum with stainless steel hardware. It uses button head hex screws and nylon insert locknuts. All the hardware is user replaceable incase of corrosion or if it gets stripped. The flashlight connection is detachable so other accessories can be attached to the handle in the future.

As shipped the handle will fit 1" -1.5"diameter lights. This will allow it to comfortable fit the DRIS 500 and 1000 lights as well as lights with a smaller diameter. To fit a larger diameter (up to 2"diameter) light you will need to purchase longer 3" screws yourself.

The price is $38 + $5.20 for shipping in a USPS small flat rate box. If you buy 2 I can combine the shipping on them.
Remember this is a pre-order. The production will be complete approx. 30 days after I reach my goal on indiegogo.

Note to mods: I'm not a commercial manufacturer. This is more of an advanced DIY project.

It looks great. You did a wonderful job putting this together. Thanks for all the hard work!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys. I made a mistake when setting up this campaign and chose the flexible funding option. I tried to change it but it can't e changed once orders come in. So it looks like this is getting made no matter what. I'll putup the extra money to cover any that aren't preordered and then I will sell them later.

ouch! Okay guys, lets make sure this happens!!!!!

Hi,

I have been working on this Goodman style handle that was originally intended to fit the DRIS 500 and 1000 lights. Through the progression of the design I was able to make it fit any cylindrical flashlight from 1" to 2" diameter.

I have tried to make this as cost effective as possible so that it is accessible to as many divers as possible. The reason I started the project is because I want one for myself and it is too expensive to just make one. By making 100 of these I can bring the cost down on each individual unit.

I am using indiegogo for the preorders. If I reach my goal on indiegogo then production will begin. If I do not reach my goal then all money will be refunded and I will not produce the handle.

Here is a link to the campaign if you would like to pick one up: Goodman Style Handle for Scuba Flashlights | Indiegogo

Here is the original scubaboard thread that shows the design process and all the thought that went into the project: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...oodman-style-handle-dris-1000-500-lights.html

And here are some renderings of what I am going to make!
handle2.jpg

handle.jpg

large-1.jpg

The construction is anodized aluminum with stainless steel hardware. It uses button head hex screws and nylon insert locknuts. All the hardware is user replaceable incase of corrosion or if it gets stripped. The flashlight connection is detachable so other accessories can be attached to the handle in the future.

As shipped the handle will fit 1" -1.5"diameter lights. This will allow it to comfortable fit the DRIS 500 and 1000 lights as well as lights with a smaller diameter. To fit a larger diameter (up to 2"diameter) light you will need to purchase longer 3" screws yourself.

The price is $38 + $5.20 for shipping in a USPS small flat rate box. If you buy 2 I can combine the shipping on them.
Remember this is a pre-order. The production will be complete approx. 30 days after I reach my goal on indiegogo.

Note to mods: I'm not a commercial manufacturer. This is more of an advanced DIY project.

Very Smart. Good Job!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom