Preferred deco bottle reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon Cyklon 300s, for bailout and deco bottles, since I have accumulated quite a few, over the years; so too, the Xstream 4790, whose first stage is just as compact and oriented in the very same way as the far earlier 300s -- being "in-line" or "back-mounted." Typical of the Swedes, all of their regulators have no up or down orientation and can be used from either side. Yea, for that.

All maintain rock-solid IPs for years at a time; tolerate the cold like nobody's business; and are dirt simple to service; but I still stand by the old 300s, in a pinch, truly "the AK-47s of regulators," for its few parts and even the use of nylon washers, in lieu of most o-rings, in the earlier models, which can last for years, between replacements.

I mean, c'mon . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 3.15.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 3.15.19 PM.png
    160 KB · Views: 54
Thank you, however i am currently only using Scubapro Regulators hence services and maintenance is easier when you have all your regs in same brand.
Oops, poorly worded on my part, if you are interested in a used MK2/R295, let me know.

With the awareness of that is an years old thread, i am in between MK21/C370 vs MK2Evo/R195 for deco regulators. Can anyone make point which one would make more sense? Prices are almost same so difference on purchase price can be ignored.

one thing to keep in mind is that you want your deco regulators to be every bit as high quality if not higher than your primary regulators. Sure they don't necessarily have to work as deep, but you are often on the deco regulator longer than your bottom gas, so you want to make sure it's a bang up second stage and one where I would recommend matching your primary regulators. First stage is less critical though you certainly want ideal hose routing, but don't skimp on your second stages.

one thing to keep in mind is that you want your deco regulators to be every bit as high quality if not higher than your primary regulators. Sure they don't necessarily have to work as deep, but you are often on the deco regulator longer than your bottom gas, so you want to make sure it's a bang up second stage and one where I would recommend matching your primary regulators. First stage is less critical though you certainly want ideal hose routing, but don't skimp on your second stages.

The C370 is a GREAT second stage except for freezing water specs. but it is great for everything else.

The C370 is a GREAT second stage except for freezing water specs. but it is great for everything else.
not saying it isn't, but the R195 isn't exactly something I'd want to keep in my mouth for over an hour after I'm already tired and grumpy, I'd much rather have a G260

R195 isn't exactly something I'd want to keep in my mouth for over an hour after I'm already tired and grumpy

Agree 100%, that's why I recommend the C370 second stage over the R195 by a very wide margin. Taken into consideration that the price difference is nothing, I don't know why would anyone buy the R195 vs. the C370.

Thank you for input, I use Mk19 evo and G260 for sidemount and backmount. I think Mk21 would be better fit.

Thank you for input, I use Mk19/G260 for sidemount and backmount. I think Mk21 would be better fit.
in that case I would strongly suggest spending the extra money and using another set of mk19/G260 for deco.... Keeping everything matching is very convenient

Spot on!

Yeah I don't know why but there seems to be a trend or thought that a good deco reg is a cheaper lower performing reg. Personally I want my deco regs to be high quality and reliable. They are no less important then your bottom gas regs so why skip out on them.

in that case I would strongly suggest spending the extra money and using another set of mk19/G260 for deco.... Keeping everything matching is very convenient

You are so sweet when you spend other people's money :)

I agree with you however, very scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom