President Trump Pulls U.S. Out of the Paris Climate Accord

Do you think President Trump made the right choice?

• Yes

Votes: 49 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 48.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow... Anthony, you are really off the deep end.

I havent dived since April, so yes... im having a bad day :)

And causing earthquakes?? Where did you come up with that?

Im not being ignorant here, but the lack of scientific "studies and data" showing there is no "problem" with tapping into the earths core for oil and the belief that it isnt causing other major problems is something that I dont need some "study" to prove or disprove its not an issue. Man is the most destructive organism on the planet. There are "studies" (which I agree with :) ) showing that the absense of all man will actually benefit the earth and wildlife on the whole. No other species that you will remove from the planet will have that effect. Only man. My point is that we are destructive and if you rssearch the amount of earthwlquakes worldwide since 1920 to today, you will see the total amount is 10x higher than the 1800's. Draw whatever conclusion you want, but im sorry that is mans doing.

I understand that you feel like driving a Prius will add very little to the environment, but if every oil burning car in the world was removed.... could you honestly say that the environment will remain the same? Even only talking about carbon dioxide... forget about all the other isdues gas cars do to the environment.

My point of view here, as stated above, not to offend but share my view on the world and how we as humans are slowly destroying it without taking accountability. If every person in the world did just a little bit, the earth would be much healthier. I recycle, even though I know it ends up in the same place and makes sorting easier for the companies, but because morally I feel that every little bit of effort helps.

We are all here because we love the oceans and seeing the marvelous life found beneath it.... the same is true above water. Its OUR responsibility to do every single little thing we posdibly can to limit the destruction we bring to this planet. We have so many threads here on proper weighting and bouyancy and being mindful not to hit the coral reefs.... we shoukd be applying the same attention to above surface issues such as climate change. Whether that be global warming or cooling.
I too want to see the planet taken care of honestly and productively, unfortunately I dont believe Mr. T falls in that category.

I too want to see the planet taken care of honestly and productively, unfortunately I dont believe Mr. T falls in that category.
What does Mr. T have to do with this?

giphy.gif

Im not being ignorant here, but the lack of scientific "studies and data" showing there is no "problem" with tapping into the earths core for oil and the belief that it isn't causing other major problems is something that I don't need some "study" to prove or disprove its not an issue. Man is the most destructive organism on the planet. There are "studies" (which I agree with :) ) showing that the absence of all man will actually benefit the earth and wildlife on the whole. No other species that you will remove from the planet will have that effect. Only man. My point is that we are destructive and if you research the amount of earthquakes worldwide since 1920 to today, you will see the total amount is 10 x higher than the 1800's. Draw whatever conclusion you want, but I'm sorry that is mans doing.
Please Google tectonics. Nobody is drilling into the Earth's core. Earthquakes are caused by shifting tectonic plates. The planet is still growing. There were no seismographs in the 1800s.

I havent dived since April, so yes... im having a bad day :)

I support liquid therapy. It will help....

Im not being ignorant here, but the lack of scientific "studies and data" showing there is no "problem" with tapping into the earths core for oil and the belief that it isnt causing other major problems is something that I dont need some "study" to prove or disprove its not an issue.

Umm.. The earth's core? I assume your talking about fracking. And that does not come anywhere near the earth's core. (FYI).. Not that I am defending Fracking. I find it concerning as well.

Man is the most destructive organism on the planet. There are "studies" (which I agree with :) ) showing that the absense of all man will actually benefit the earth and wildlife on the whole. No other species that you will remove from the planet will have that effect. Only man.

Dude.. that's a pretty bleak outlook on humanity in general. I hope you can at least concede a small silver lining there somewhere. Not sure how to help you with that one.. I think we saved the peregrine falcon from extinction.. or something like that. :( ..And if this really is your core belief.. then the faster we humans work our way into extinction, the better off the earth will be.. right??

My point is that we are destructive and if you rssearch the amount of earthwlquakes worldwide since 1920 to today, you will see the total amount is 10x higher than the 1800's. Draw whatever conclusion you want, but im sorry that is mans doing.

OK.. so the earth is some ~4.5 billion years old.. (please don't fact check me on that if I am off by a couple k).. and you estimate the earthquakes of the last 100 years have really tipped the scales way off, out of line from a what might otherwise be a normal statistical variation? Sorry, but you need to much larger sample of DATA to come anywhere close to proving that one.

I understand that you feel like driving a Prius will add very little to the environment, but if every oil burning car in the world was removed.... could you honestly say that the environment will remain the same? Even only talking about carbon dioxide... forget about all the other isdues gas cars do to the environment.

I don't think you are getting my point here. I am all for high efficiency, low emissions vehicles. Just not for the way that the government is trying to force this into being. Are you aware if how much pollution is generated by the nickel mining process? or refining? or transporting logistics all over the globe in the creation of a prius? Then those batteries don't always last more than 100k miles.. so replacements are required. The prius is NOT the enviro-friendly car its being sold as.

Come on, give the man a break. It looks like he is doing what he can to provide additional ocean depth to all of our descendants to dive in... Who could possibly not like that...

Come on, give the man a break. It looks like he is doing what he can to provide additional ocean depth to all of our descendants to dive in... Who could possibly not like that...

Yes, more water but a lot less coral. I may have to take up cave diving again!

Back
Top Bottom