presidente

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmartin:
no guests until at least 31 january according to their website. ouch, i will have to cancel my dec 4th trip.
Here is the statement taken from Inter Continentals web site:

Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa will be closed to all arrivals until January 31, 2006 while the condition of the Island and the property are being assessed after Hurricane Wilma.

An update will be provided as soon as this is available. For all reservations arriving through January 31, 2006 no cancellation penalties will apply.

docmartin:
no guests until at least 31 january according to their website. ouch, i will have to cancel my dec 4th trip.

Seven of us were scheduled to arrive at the Presidente on the day the hurricane struck. I have stayed there many times. I hope they can bring it back. On another thread, I saw a pic. of Caleta Harbor and the Presidente, or what is left of it, is in the background. All you can see is the tower and 5 story main building. All around the property is de-nuded to the ground. I dont even want to think what the beach side areas of the property look like.

scubacoz22:
can you share that picture? Kathy
Coz Photos

It's on the second page of pics... someone took all the news photos and put them all together in one place.

Sorry Mawg, beat ya to it. i thought after finding this photo page I would share...

No problem Jeff. Appreciate your effort as always. I'm afraid our favorite hotel took quite a beatin. I'm headed back probably in the last week of May. Hope to see you there.

docmartin:

Perhaps another hotel would be an option? Apparently some hotels weren't damaged or were not as damaged nearly as badly. No need to cancel your trip completely if you can simply switch to another hotel...Just a thought.

SadiesMom:
Perhaps another hotel would be an option? Apparently some hotels weren't damaged or were not as damaged nearly as badly. No need to cancel your trip completely if you can simply switch to another hotel...Just a thought.
Believe me i would consider it. but we are travelling with another couple, in-laws and 4 kids between 1 and 3 years old. to keep our sanity things need to run pretty smoothly with that type of entourage. we'll be back in april or may.

Back
Top Bottom