Pricing - Oahu Scuba Dive Tours - Deep Ecology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MauiScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have worked as a mostly full time dive instructor/guide in Hawaii for the last 7 years. Nearly every time I take divers into the water some of them rent every piece of gear; they only bring a swim suit. Nearly every certification course I have done in those 7 years has included at least one diver who is renting everything; often there is no one in the class with personal gear. We handle the Open Water dives for many referral mainlanders and they show up with no personal gear so I know there are instructional operations on the mainland that do not require students to have personal gear. Some divers are perfectly content to never buy any dive gear.

Pricing - Oahu Scuba Dive Tours - Deep Ecology

The above link is for current pricing at the first dive shop I worked for. Gear rental is $14 for a 2-tank shore dive, $15 for a 2-tank boat dive. The link below is details of the rental gear; you might be able to buy this gear from the shop for $600 used after a year or two. At $7.50 per dive, $600 is 80 dives. Most recreational divers could easily not buy gear if they are only making a few warm water dive trips per year!

Rental Gear - Oahu Scuba Dive Tours - Deep Ecology

Also, if you bought that two year old rental set for $600 and then hung it in your closet for 10 months before your next dive trip, do you pay for service or just roll the dice? Another also, the rental gear here in Hawaii is rarely more than 2 years old. How old is the personal gear you only occasionally use.

Halemano, that pricing is so inexpensive it would be silly for me to bring my personal gear or my scuba gear over from the mainland, especially if I am already paying close to $100 for a couple dives, what's another $15?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom