Primary and backup dive lights???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received my LED photon torpedo from Chuck yesterday. I bought it after some of my local cave/tech divers told me about it. I decided to do a quick comparison for you guys. My LED photon torpedo is on the left, and my UK C8 eled plus on a 220 lumen setting (high setting) is on the right (I hope this photo posts properly).

I think I might have a UK C8 eled plus for sale soon, and the photon torpedo cost half of what I spent on the UK.

This is where I get a little confused when it comes to buying a dive light. Sure the beam on the left is brighter... but I get more visual information from the image on the right. I'm not sure if I'd rather blast an narrow area with the power of the sun, or have a wider but dimmer wash. I would think the latter would require less eye adjustment and scare the critters less?

It seems kind of like judging a stereo on watts per channel alone.

I just received my LED photon torpedo from Chuck yesterday. I bought it after some of my local cave/tech divers told me about it. I decided to do a quick comparison for you guys. My LED photon torpedo is on the left, and my UK C8 eled plus on a 220 lumen setting (high setting) is on the right (I hope this photo posts properly).

I think I might have a UK C8 eled plus for sale soon, and the photon torpedo cost half of what I spent on the UK.

Off topic, but very important....Who signed the drumheads?:D

That drumhead is signed by The Used. I won that baby from a local radio station in a contest :jump:!

Back
Top Bottom