Pro-5000 Diver How Many On Board? When Awarded?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The same is true in the Caribbean.

The same is probably true anyplace someone would be diving all day every day. Living where I do and doing the type of diving I do, I probably won't ever hit 5000 dives. Of course, it isn't one of my goals and I wouldn't know it if I did hit 5000 because I quit counting a long time ago. I still use a log but I don't use it for counting.

........I would of thought the original post's intent would have been interesting subject. Especially, for us that vicariously live through you out in dive land. I am landlocked in a desert and wish I could possibably have the opportunity to dive that much.

As far as the skill questions or comments, I think the law of attrition would eliminate any poor divers before 5000 dives.

My .02

Dave

BTW, congratulations Sam Miller, III & IV.

The same is true in the Caribbean.

yep, most (young & active) DM's or instructors are there in no more than 6 years, most that is........3 a day X 340 days X 5 years & Bingeaux, give me the card........

Give'm hell Sam.

...many commercial saturation divers who have alot of "dive time" . Some of them have been rotating in & out of the pot, month on the beach / month in the can, for the better part of twenty years.

Now that, my friends, is some serious exposure to elevated p.p.'s.

DSD

it sounds like the number of dives gives you bragging rights that you call knowledge what a laugh for i guess my dives are in vane since i am ssi trained is this what this sight is about im in the wrong place

It sounds like the number of dives you have gives you bragging rights that you call "knowledge". What a laugh! I guess my dives are in vain since I am SSI trained. Is this what this site is about? Then I'm in the wrong place.
Well said.

it sounds like the number of dives gives you bragging rights that you call knowledge what a laugh for i guess my dives are in vane since i am ssi trained is this what this sight is about im in the wrong place
Around here, it's the number of posts...ah.... or the post number... or something...

Never mind.

Actually quite a few do. I can walk out my shop and down the street - quite a few shops on the road here and talk to two or three DM's/Instructors at each shop that meet or exceed 5000 dives. In my travels throughout Asia many instructors and guides surpass that mark in a short amount of time- not counting the professional fisherman here in Japan.

Quite a few do, sure. But, percentage wise, VERY few do. Probably less than a percent of all divers will ever hit a thousand, let alone five.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom