Problem Aladdin 2g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trpplp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I each have an Aladin 2g dive computer. We have had them 2 years and mine still has 90% battery life. However my husband's quit working. I took it to our LDS which services our gear and they changed the battery and everything was working fine. I watched it automatically shut off, because we thought maybe it didn't turn off after our last dive, and now 6 hours later I tried to turn it back on and it won't work again. Has anyone else had a problem like this??? Suggestions?

Last edited:
Go back to your LDS and tell them to call either Jules or Eric (at Scubapro Technical Services). I too have an Aladin 2G and what you're describing is totally out of bounds.

If the battery drains in 6 hours it sounds like a short circuit somewhere. Even if the irda didnt turn off and the computer stayed on it shouldnt drain that fast..

Please return the affected computer through your authorized dealer for evaluation.

I had the same problem with mine. It was Brand New. On 5th dive at 80' the screen went blank. Took it to my LDS tried a new battery nothing. They sent it back to scubapro under warranty and I received a replacement. That was over a yr ago and no problems with the new one. I'm very happy with it, may buy a second one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom