Problem connecting DCbuddy to Sherwood Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnshap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I ordered a DCbuddy for my Wisdom 2 computer, but I am having problems connecting it. My IOS device keeps popping up a message telling me to make sure the dive computer is connected to the DCbuddy using the appropriate cable.

When I ordered my DCbuddy, I ordered is specifying I needed it for my Sherwood Wisdom 2 computer. When I connect the DCbuddy cable to my dive computer, the cable seems a little loose and not very secure, but appears to be the correct cable.

Has anyone else been having this problem? Could someone help me?

I have included some pictures to show how I am connecting the DCbuddy to my ipad and some of the messages I have been receiving.

Thanks.

John IMG_0054.jpgIMG_0055.jpgIMG_0056.jpgIMG_0057.jpgIMG_0058.jpgIMG_3055.jpgIMG_3056.jpg

DiveNav,

I connected my dive computer to the DCbuddy. After connecting the DCbuddy, I paired it with my iPad and selected to run a diagnostic memory dump for my dive computer.

Once I ran the memory dump, I came to the screen below. My iPad would stay on the screen and would not retrieve the dive log information. I allowed my iPad to attempt to retrieve the memory information for approximately 10 minutes, but then the DCbuddy would disconnect itself.

Here is my current device and software configurations:

iPad Air 16 GBIMG_0061.jpg
IOS 8.1
DivePal version 1.6.10

...... Once I ran the memory dump, I came to the screen below. My iPad would stay on the screen and would not retrieve the dive log information.....
Did the Wisdom 2 enter the PC transfer mode?
There might be an issue with the cable.
Please send us (customer.service@divenav.com) proof of purchase so we can provide you with an RMA.

No, my Wisdom 2 did not enter PC transfer mode. ...
So, it is either the cable or the dive computer.
Question: what "Wisdom 2" model do you have? The new one (Silver buttons) or the old one (Teal buttons)?

I have the older one, the one with teal buttons.
As far as I know, the old Wisdom 2 does not enter PC Download mode automatically, but you need to program it manually. Could you please verify with the manual?

The old Wisdom 2 should behave similar to the Aeris Atmos AI.

Could you please retry the memory dump procedure selecting the Atmos AI as a dive computer AND manually putting the Wisdom 2 in PC download mode before starting the transfer?

I connected my DCbuddy to my Wisdom 2 and began the memory dump procedure selecting the Atmos AI dive computer. I selected 36mb for the transfer (largest size) and it began downloading the memory.

It downloaded for approximately 40 minutes and ran to 100%. When it began downloading, with my dive computer in PC mode, the digits on the dive computer screen, went all black and unable to read. Approximately 10 minutes after the download reached 100%, the dive computer went to the main screen, but the download screen on my iPad, stayed at 100%, and did not allow me to send the memory dump report.

I included some some pitures so you can see what I am talking about:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I connected my DCbuddy to my Wisdom 2 and began the memory dump procedure selecting the Atmos AI dive computer. I selected 36mb for the transfer (largest size) and it began downloading the memory. ....
Very good. This means that both DCbuddy and the cable are working properly.

..... It downloaded for approximately 40 minutes and ran to 100%......
That is not good as it should take way less than 40 minutes to download 32K.

..... When it began downloading, with my dive computer in PC mode, the digits on the dive computer screen, went all black and unable to read. View attachment 200819...
That is correct. When the Wisdom 2 enters the PC transfer mode it will show that screen.

..... Approximately 10 minutes after the download reached 100%, the dive computer went to the main screen, but the download screen on my iPad, stayed at 100%, and did not allow me to send the memory dump report. ....
It seems we do have a bug in the memory dump code for this model of dive computer.

Could you please repeat the memory dump (using again the Aeris Atmos AI) and selecting 16K instead of 32K?

Back
Top Bottom