Problem with FIX S90 Mount Adapter 28AD.. it's slipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a "FIX S90 Mount Adapter 28AD" for my fix housing, since I got it it always had the same problem. The ring that is clamped to the camera and has the pin to hold the sliding adapter (first part on the left in the pic) just won't stay in place. It rotates, goes down, rotates, ... no matter how hard I tighten it it won't stay put. This has the effect of letting the sliding adapter (part on the right) rotate which is annoying when I use my big fish eye lens since the lens hood gets misaligned.

Follow this link for a picture of the adapter.... http://www.backscatter.com/hostedstore/images/products/_backscatter_zoom/fe-fixs90-28ad_1.jpg

fe-fixs90-28ad_1.jpg

So anybody encountered that? Found a solution? Or has any idea how to fix this?

And on another subject, any of you use a cable/leash to attach those big lenses to your camera? Due to the flimsiness of the whole setup I had to search'n'recover my fisheye dome once on a rough shore exit. By some miracle it didn't get scratched or lost.

Last edited:
Take a piece of thin rubber (an old inner tube) or McMaster and mount it on the inside of the adapter with a bit of silicone adhesive. Then put it on the port. Works a treat.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom