problem with my computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becca65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Galileo dive computer - works fine - having problems connecting it to my laptop to download my dive log. always worked ok, but had to get a new laptop and it has windows 10...can't seem to get it to read when I try to download. I know the infrared sensor is reading because it works with my husband's computer. he had upgraded to windows 10 and it wouldn't work, he then reverted back to his old windows operating system and it works fine. so, anyone have any information about how to get it to work with my windows 10?

Known problem with Win10, Infrared did not work. They just now put in an update that will fix it IF you do a couple of required tweaks that are not too hard. Here's a full thread. You might read the first page, then jump to the last page for the fix.
[ScubaPro] Uwatec IrDA and Windows 10 - NOT

Along with dive computers that have the issue, the fitness devices that used IrDa were also all left out. Pretty annoyed bunch of people. I even called MS and they 'didn't know a thing about it', which is complete BS.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm sure they knew about it but if they claim not to then they don't have to fix it. Don't much like Windows 10 but had to upgrade to a new computer for several reasons and they all come with it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom