Problem with Stage Bottle Rigging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it looks like it might all work out well after all. Hopefully the wet strap adjustment will stretch it back to the proper length.

And, I must apologize publicly to Seabeast for my 'lowest common denominator' remark. It was, in reflection, uncalled for. As for Seabeast's choice of "liar", having studied a few foreign languages I, too, might have used a word that was not the best choice.

Kudos to SeaJay Bayne for standing up for the little guy and to Tobin for figuring out the fix. Looks like everyone can win here after all.

Anyway, it has been a lively thread. Hopefully we can all get back to diving and enjoy the brotherhood of our sport.

Humbly yours,
DS

Oddly enough, I bought a kydex plate with the 17lbs wing that Bayne speaks about just a few months ago. I'm all stoked to get to try it next week on Grand Cayman.

Now, if I can just get rid of this damn head-cold I'll be all set. Of course, if I give it to Mrs DS before we the trip I'm really screwed!

DS

I guess we need a video of how to tighten a cam buckle.:shakehead:

Or at a minimum of how to dunk it in water to get it wet.

:eyebrow:

I did it. Only difference is that my strap was dry. I will try to repeat this with the wet strap on the next week.

Seems to me you were told to do it with a WET strap some 50 posts ago, though the need to wet a strap such as this is something that is usually covered during the very first class of OW.

:shakehead:

Seems to me you were told to do it with a WET strap some 50 posts ago, though the need to wet a strap such as this is something that is usually covered during the very first class of OW.
Yes, also have told not once. And that was the reason for answer :wink:
I have never used the wet strap, because generally it works fine without any wetting. And I never heard about this :idk:

Ok guys, I don't see the reason to continuation this thread. I have received some tips which probably will help me. I see Tobin's opinion also and now I know a little more about DSS. That's all what I wanted to know. Thanks to all for help and good luck.
Regards

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Dogpile has been removed. Dogpilers have been PMed.

Please, this is Deep Sea Supply's PRIVATE forum. Respect is required to participate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom