Problems with my new Hyperstrech 7mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeerCreekers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Having been a huge Henderson fan, who with a family of 3 divers, own 6 Henderson suits (each has a 7mm and a 3mm, oh and I have a 5mm, so I guess that's 7 suits) I think I've finally gotten a lemon.
I have had my old 7mm Hyperstrech for years, size 10. When I lost weight and went from a size 10 to an 8, my teenage son inherited the size 10, and it's still going strong. I got the size 8 in July of last year and it's already coming apart after about 30 dives. The stitching is coming out in about 4 different places and I've noticed both arms all the way up are freyed. I will be lucky if this suit lasts me about a year. I checked my old one that my son uses now and it's seems are fine and it's just started to frey a little bit in places (hey, I realize these things arnt made to last forever)
But it's interesting having the exact same suit, that does the exact same sort of diving, stored in the exact same way (rinsed in cold water and hung in an indoor closet on a suit hanger), have such drastically different lifespans.
Too big of fan to write Hendersons off, but maybe I just got a lemon. I never thought to look at the warranty. do suits even have a warranty?
Tracy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom