Problems with scubapro nova 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently purchased this unit as a backup. It was working fine till recently. I have new batteries installed (I tested them as well) an it just does not want to lite up. Some times it will work but later if I click the on off button nothing happens. If I tap the lite it will lite at times. Any ideas.

I was on a night dive in Vanuatu diving the President Coolidge when one of the guys torch failed. He was using the scubapro nova and was not very complimentary afterwards saying that its not the first time it happened (i.e. works then doesn't).

not the contacts. they are nice an shinny plus I even filed them just to be sure. I have a suspicion its something to do with what I assume is a magnetic on off switch. I just was curious if others had experienced this problem. Should not be rocket science to design a simple switch such as what my other back ups have. Was curious about this unit (bought it for my wife) but she ended up using another lite I had found.

Not sure what I can tighten since it all looks like one unit. I do know if I tap the head of the light on a hard surface it will lite up if the contact is on but it does not stay on. It makes me think its some loose contact but the LED lite seems like its sealed in. Not worth the effort to send it back to Scubapro since I am in Mexico.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to tighten the black element but it seems its nice an tight. Looks like I am going to have to write this lite off as a bad purchase. Weird thing is if I slap the head of the lite against my hand it flickers on an off. Posted this on the Scuba Pro section but never heard back.

You could try to tighten the led assembly.I have never seen one loose but you never know. If you look up into the light from the battery compartment you should see the led module. the silver ring has 2 half moon slots in it. If you have a long pointed pick that you can insert into one and try and tighten it. It should also be snug to work.
If the battery section is snug it might be the LED side that is loose.

Hope you can resolve the problem.

thanks but still not working. Time for the garbage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom